SIGNED mr norm tri-power air cleaner for hood tach

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look s like we got some conflict here. I m here to find a tach..not argue ..if you wanna get on here and waste my time..please don t bother.
eBay completed listings....dixco hood tach..sold Jan. 28. 330.00
Look it up Max

Dear genius (LOL),

Show us your fished tachs. We want to see a proof !!!

And by the way: When the tach from 28 January was so a good Fish. Why you didn't buy it?

Max

now im curious to see a $350 original dixco tach off egag compared to an 800 dollar original. back in the day, i had an original hood tach with the pentastar logo on the faceplate. and while doing some shopping around for another one, i have yet to come across one for less than 800 bucks.

Evil,
Honestly,save your money. These tachs look kind of cool,but with their 40yr old electronics,performance wise they suck. Save your hood, and kick back with that sweet air-cleaner.
And to the gurus,An original Dixco hood tach is an original Dixco hood tach. Nothing more nothing less. The only difference was the label/brand they put on the front. They were a dealer installed option on several different brands. They were not made specifically for Chrysler cars. Just because they stuffed it in a Hustle Stuff box didn't make it and different than stuffing it in a Pontiac,Chevy or Ford box. Same tach different box.

I have installed a 40th years old NOS Dixco HT/x tach. It works very fine after this long time.

They were branded for Mopar, Ford and Yenko, not for Pontiac!

Pontiac tachs are completely different.

It is a very cool Hustle Stuff option. Pricy, but coooooool.

:prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

Please dont get me wrong exil 340 im not knocking you all im saying is that in my experience with the genuine Dixco HT/x and the " Chrysler Parts " hood tachs that are from 1969 to the mid 70s , have the correct mounting hardware and are in mint condition they bring strong $$$$ ive never seen one sell for less than $800.00. N.O.S tachs in the box up to $1800.00 . I was bidding on N.O.S " Chrysler Parts" hood tach last year still in its original box never been mounted i didnt meet his reserve at $1500.00 i later found out it sold for $1800.00 . If you find a nice original for $ 330.00 jump on it i hope you find one just be patient.

Johnny Dart is 100% correct Dixco made them for Chrysler, Ford, GM probley others too but those 3 were the main ones. The faceplate logo is the only real difference. The Chrysler Parts logo makes them expensive for the guy who wants the correct look for his car. Ive seen them mostly installed on Demons but any car could have one. I know of a fella that has a N.O.S " Chrysler Parts " faceplate bezel he wants $250.00 firm for it so thats a great example of how bad do you want it LOL.

your right max..if i were a genius....which i m not( i m damn cool tho. lol) i would have bought that tach. BUT MY POINT IS..it did sell for $330.00. and it worked.
to stay on the subject...they are out there still and you can still get them for a good price..if you FISH. lol.
that s all i m saying. and if you find one that needs rebuilt...they can be rebuilt and updated with a 2 year warranty.
so i d say if i can get one for under 300 bucks.... it will cost me around 400 to get one rebuilt, but thats with a new face, mopar logo, updated, and a 2 year warranty. i don t think thats a bad deal..i m still under 800 bucks and i will have a basically new hood tach that works and looks awesome WITH A 2 YEAR WARRANTY. i m happy with that and really don t care if it s not N.O.S. or original and ready to break at any time.

here s a couple of pics of the original, working dixco HT/X tach that sold 2 months ago for 330 bucks plus 6 dollars shipping. i think it looks like a nice tach, and its a 4 wire old style. i d say somebody went fishing and had a good day.. point proven
hood tach s are still out there and can be had for a good price

Attachments

• tachometer.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 266
  • tachometer bottom.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 270
I didn't even bid on it cause I figured it would go higher being as nice as it was and being in plain site. Like I said too....I m a cheap *** and was saving for some other parts from the Indy show. I did find one. It s not a ht/x. Just a plain Jane. But its a 4 wire and Gary at h&h said he can change the face to make it look like the style from green yellow and red to all black with white numbers. And logo it if I want. I really liked the one you had TX. But like I said.. I have other parts to buy and an 800 tach isn't t top of my list.

I dont think your a cheap *** at all evil 340 more like smart with your hard earned $$$$$. These tachs usually bring crazy prices but there is always someone who wants it bad enough and will pay the high prices dumb *** guys like me LOL. I dont remember seeing that tach on ebay at all i must have missed it somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back