Signs you're getting old for Classic Car Owners

-
Turning from the car to the toolbox knowing what I need and in that short amount of time it's....uhhhh?
Man my garage is behind the house but the driveway is in front ,on a good day Ill walk back and forth three or four times to get tools for something then Ill say "i should have just pulled it to the back..."

Turning from the car to the toolbox knowing what I need and in that short amount of time it's....uhhhh?
I can't count the amount of times I got out from under the car only to forget why I got up. So I go into zombie mode and walk around the garage looking at stuff hoping I'll remember or get down on my knees and look under the car at what I was doing.

Resized_20240128_061101_1710460527094.jpeg

Had some arthritis pulled out of my thumb area after 52 years of job related injury. Happened Jan 10th. Gonna take about a year to regain all my strength but pain is reduced. Lets go work on the car!

Added tail pipes and then even resonators to one car and I am adding tail pipes to another car because they are just getting too loud to drive as much as I do. I must be getting old....
However, my other car with mufflers even is louder than most open header cars. I not changing that car, yet.

When you go to start your car and hear that sick grinding sound because it’s already running and you didn’t notice even though the key is in the run position and you have a loud exhaust

Just turned 61. I still get around pretty good but losing dexterity in my hands. I’ve been dropping a lot of stuff. I’ll keep doing it until it comes to some dramatic conclusion.

A sign that I am getting older?
When I see a decent price on a project car I would like to have and say no because I know it will be a lot of work.

Not sure that's a positive...

I'm 62 so I have to hurry up and get all the things that I will do some day done.
I know..I have 2 porch roofs to shingle this year and want to build a shed but Im like 'when am I going to do that I want to get paint and body done on the dart" every year starts the same...

A sign that I am getting older?
When I see a decent price on a project car I would like to have and say no because I know it will be a lot of work.
A friend of mine bought a ratty 68 Impala ss I said " it will take you forever to do the body" hes like Ill leave it as a rat rod" I said "youll get tired of looking at it like that..." he just turned 60. I think I would at least DA it cut out and fix rust and shoot a good primer on it. And after that why not paint right? :)

When you go to start your car and hear that sick grinding sound because it’s already running and you didn’t notice even though the key is in the run position and you have a loud exhaust
When you are so darn old and deaf...you park the truck and get the dog out, but forget to turn it off. yep it ran out of gas.... how many hours later!!!!! :BangHead: :BangHead:

I'm 69 and all you guys in your late 50's and early 60's are making me feel old. My body is in good shape and think I look great when i look in the mirror...but then I see myself in those stupid security cameras in the Home Depot and it's, who is that guy?

I'm 69 and all you guys in your late 50's and early 60's are making me feel old. My body is in good shape and think I look great when i look in the mirror...but then I see myself in those stupid security cameras in the Home Depot and it's, who is that guy?
Well if you can for example spend 4 or 5 hours in the garage block sanding and your body doesn't ache too bad you're lucky, for me I don't feel it till hours later. I realize i may be out of shape too though. I mean I can still do it it hurts more than 30 years ago LOL I also don't do much during the week 25 years ago I'd spend 2 to 4 nights a week after work in the garage till 10 o'clock at night...that slows me down a bit.

The "old people smell"
Especially when pooping
I realized it about 64 for my self.
Research says it's probably the absence of hormones that decrease output with age
Funny thing, I felt it was offensive as a stupid kid

Gettin' old is when your wife says you used to be Irish Spring, but now you're just Old Spice..

I'm amazed at all you folk talking abt how old you all are!
I am one of the luckiest people around.
I'm going to be 80 yo next year and still get around well and getting up and down doesn't bother me.
I'm getting my 67 on the road this year or bust!!!

I am one of the luckiest people around.
I'm going to be 80 yo next year and still get around well and getting up and down doesn't bother me
Some of us have bad genes!

I got my mom's bad joints.

I am truly glad you are going strong, my mother-in-law was going strong till about 101, I hope I'm 1/2 as spry as her when I near that age.

My dad mowed his grass and maintained his house at 92.
My mom is 91 and still going strong. She's had both knees replaced and cataract surgery on both eyes. She was pissed when she had to start wearing reading glasses at 86 or 87. She still maintains her own house, does all the cooking and most of the cleaning, plus she is president of the local artist club and is involved in a writer's group. She has been painting for about 20 years now and has sold several pieces of her art.
In addition to all that, she has been taking piano lessons for about 10 years, and last year she began guitar lessons.
Pretty amazing.

My grandmother lived by herself, walked a mile a day, played the organ 2 hrs a day, and took care of her lawn and garden. Rarely sick. Hardest of all, an elementary reading teacher for 40 yrs, she had a stroke at 97.. I sure hope I got some of her genes for long life.

-
Back