skips 69 swinger resto

-
Quote=hope I can figure out how those window and lock mechanisms go back together.

Look's like you are in Tim the Tool Man's shop.:-D

Ounce you figure one out, you've got it beet.:toothy10:
Not unless you can't figure out the left side from the right.:-k
Looking gooooood.:drinkers:

Great build thread!! and good use of a camera Skip.

Looks GREAT Skip. I took some notes for my own 69 Swinger resto.

What size are the Cragar SS wheels, and where did you buy them? I've been shopping around for the best price too.
Nice job!

George

Looks GREAT Skip. I took some notes for my own 69 Swinger resto.

What size are the Cragar SS wheels, and where did you buy them? I've been shopping around for the best price too.
Nice job!

George

George,the wheels came with the car when I bought it,they are 14"--4" Bc and not unilug.I think eventually I would like to jump up to 15" if I can get the right backspace as I would like to jam as much tire under the car as the wheel wells will allow and without moving the springs.There seems to be a lot of different opinions on tire wheel combos but im all ears untill I actually try it myself.
Thanks
Gary

Got the dash completed, just thought if somebody else was into this part Id recommend CV Vacuum Platers in Mission B.C.for the instrument bezel,heater defrost panel and radio panel reconditioning.
They disassembled,rechromed,repaired any cracks polished the lens and detailed to new condition,nice job.The black metal dash frame got the rattle can treatment with a textured finish turned out close enough to original I think. Also I totally stripped all the old paint & crap off of the grill pcs. and redetailed it,thought I was into reanodizing the existing grill until I spent an entire weekend working with it the way it was and it turned out a lot better than expected.Cheers!

ENGINE 045.jpg

ENGINE 046.jpg

ENGINE 047.jpg

ENGINE 048.jpg

I have been emailing back and forth with Chuck from CV as well. Looking to get mine done by him. He's a GREAT guy too.

That dash makes me jealous! It looks wonderful. Nice job!

George

That dash looks outstanding! CV Platers rechromed my bezel, painted it, and polished the lenses about 8 years ago. Still looks perfect even after all these years.

If you would QUIT all that HUNTING! You could be finished by now and get that shop cleaned up! LOL Skip you are doing a GREAT job that is going to be a MIGHTY FINE DART! MIGHTY FINE INDEED! My garage used to look like that ! for about 2 days! LOL Only way my garage could look like that is if I never entered it again! My biggest problem is WAY TOO MUCH STUFF in TOO SMALL OF A SPACE! And I just keep adding stuff all the time. WELL YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU GOING TO NEED IT! IS MY MOTTO! So it is best to have it on hand! Keep the pictures coming,I want to see some COLOR!

Bobby

What is that light yellow car all smashed up?

Beautiful work and what a clean shop.

Thanks for your kind compliments guys.
The wrecked dart is a GTS that I bought brand new in 69 after getting asked to leave grade 10, I coudn,t wait to get into the workforce anyway so I could buy that dart.I owned it for 6 mos. when 1 late night it got loose on me on the big end & went end over end quite a number of times before coming to rest on its roof in a swamp,They wern't the greatest handling unit on the road at the time but went like hell in a straight line.Anyway I didn,t stay with it for the entire ride as I didn't wear seat belts in those days (it was the rebel thing to do)and was ejected out the back window I think?Lost a lot of my dental work,concusion,250 stitches,broken arm and had to piss in a bag for a week ,other than came out of it pretty good.My buddy in a 69 super bee(same colour as my dart) came back looking for me when I didnt arrive at our destination,found me wandering down the road,loaded me in his back seat and headed for the local hospital.I know for certain that dart went by way of the crusher as there was absolutely nothing salvagable.

Glad you made it out of that bad wreck and see your work today.:angel4:

Like everyone here!!I think your work is outstanding.:thumbrig:

And If I was a freind and lived close to you I would put on some boots and walk in some mud and walk around and get a picture of it and run like hell back home and put them up on this thread.:angel4:
You have a nice shop, and I keep trying to find anything out of place to bark about. Keep up the great work and at least drop a beer can on the floor,
emptied of course :thumbrig:

Skip
Sorry about that GTS story. That must have been tough.

I spoke to Chuck at CV Platers today, and ordered my dash bezel and heater bezel from him. It will ship on Thursday, and I hope mine looks as good as yours does.

You're doing a wonderful job there, and please keep the pix coming.

Good Luck with the car.

George

Havent posted for a while, waiting for my other to come back from body and paint.Got bored & could not resist buying another # match Swinger.F6 Green survivor ,all original metal solid thru out, original paint a little sun baked but looks cool.
96000 mi,runs real strong.this thing had been sitting in storage since 94.Check out the senior citizen parking permit on the rear window.Mint little A body there hard to find in this condition.Thought you guys might be interested.
Skip

toyoa and green dart 009.jpg

toyoa and green dart 010.jpg

toyoa and green dart 011.jpg

toyoa and green dart 012.jpg

Hey Skip - good to meet you last night. That green '69 you picked up was a sweet deal. Incredible how good a shape it's in for a true survivor

Skip--

Can you please post some detailed pictures of the engine bay and undercarriage of that beautiful green car for us restorers to use as reference? Is that an LA built Swinger?
That car is fantastic! Please don't restore it!
Congratulations!!

George

-
Back