Slant 6 1bbl

-

Johnny71dusty

Reaction score
Do all the slant size single barrels use same size flange ? Holley 1920 , 1945 & carter ball and balls ? Where there all using same size two bolt flange ?

Does ford single barrels 1100 auto lites - they look the same bud heard they are not .

Any know for sure ?

I want to use the Holley efi single barrel kit . They say it's designed to use ford auto lite flange only.

Wondering is there an adapter ? And how different are they ?

This is dimensions of the auto light 1100 . But I can't find a photo anywhere of what a slants single barrel flange is .

80575F39-F04F-491C-8BCE-E2B80011FDBB.png

6E04AC31-3649-45E2-A313-EB577DFB50D6.png

Do all the slant size single barrels use same size flange ?

I believe that's true. I'm not as experienced as some on here, but I've been playing with slants for a while. I've never seen but one size on a single barrel intake.

I believe that's true. I'm not as experienced as some on here, but I've been playing with slants for a while. I've never seen but one size on a single barrel intake.
Ok but are they the same as a autolites 1100 single barrels ? Holley said they didn't know . All they said was their little was modeled after a autolite 1100

Do all the slant size single barrels use same size flange ?

Yes.

Does ford single barrels 1100 auto lites - they look the same bud heard they are not . Any know for sure ?

Pretty good bet they are the same/compatible size; see here. If you want to be absolutely certain, buy a flange gasket for an Autolite 1100 and a flange gasket for a(ny) Slant-6 1bbl carb and hold them up side-by-each, as they say in parts of maritime Canada.

I want to use the Holley efi single barrel kit .

If you wind up doing this, please lettuce know how it works out for you. Perhaps this time Holley will have put out a retrofit TBI system worth messing with. Dog knows they've certainly had enough tries…!

Last edited:
Holley responded - autolite 1100 is not the same as a slants single barrel flange . They said they aren't sure how much different they are but that they are 100% not the same . Because people ask them all the time if their unit fits other single barrels and they can't . Not without an adapter or making something

F'n brilliant. Make a 1bbl that doesn't fit a range of potential motors...ever hear of slotted bolt holes?

Scroll almost halfway down the this page and see the one for the Ford 1 barrel. I used it on the 170 that was in Vixen before I swapped the engine. It fit and worked fine. That tells me they will work.
Order Products

I believe that shield is for the smaller Ford one barrels like what came on the Falcon. The one you're after I believe has a different and wider bolt pattern. Simple and cheap enough to buy a base plate gasket for each and compare them, like Dan said.

1.70 throttle bore and 2.95 bolt hole centers...thank me.
Cool, then if that's for both, it should work. Heck, I wouldn't put the Ford style on it anyway. Holley makes a NICE Sniper that's the EFI equivalent to the Carter BBD two barrel. Build you an EFI Super Six.

Ok but are they the same as a autolites 1100 single barrels ? Holley said they didn't know . All they said was their little was modeled after a autolite 1100
I find it amusing, that Holley, the company that manufactures those carbs, and the EFI throttle body, cannot supply the info needed.

Scroll almost halfway down the this page and see the one for the Ford 1 barrel. I used it on the 170 that was in Vixen before I swapped the engine. It fit and worked fine. That tells me they will work.
Order Products
I believe you that worked but also I don't have a measurement for anything as of yet for the hole on a slant . But Holley says 100% autolite 1100 is not the same as many mopar folks email them this question as they want to use their new kit and it won't fit. I've ordered gaskets for both as someone suggested . What year 170 was yours ?

Cool, then if that's for both, it should work. Heck, I wouldn't put the Ford style on it anyway. Holley makes a NICE Sniper that's the EFI equivalent to the Carter BBD two barrel. Build you an EFI Super Six.
I thought about this but not worth it . And spine the 2bbl the hood won't close . And I just got my new intake to finally seal after 4 attempts . So it's staying a single barrel intake

I find it amusing, that Holley, the company that manufactures those carbs, and the EFI throttle body, cannot supply the info needed.
Or make the adapter so their single barrel efi will work on mopars slants . More people would buy them . But they made it for fords only

Then tell em you're ordering it for a 72 maverick. Bolton and go.
Dumb question, for the hell of it ask if they have any to fit a hornet or a gremlin.lots of 1 bbl inline 6s there. Then buy it, bolt it on and call them and tell them they're full of __it about not being able to use on a /6.

Dumb question, for the hell of it ask if they have any to fit a hornet or a gremlin.lots of 1 bbl inline 6s there. Then buy it, bolt it on and call them and tell them they're full of __it about not being able to use on a /6.
I bought gaskets for the slant and the auto light 1100 .
Because I've yet to find measurement for the slant flange . But also the gaskets I get for the slants some have the tiny holes in them and some don't . Not sure why but some don't .

Their claim is that their 1bbl efi kit is for autolite 1100 replacement only. That it was a mainly used only on the ford straight 6s. But. I have their emails to me that I thought about posting it but don't want him to look like a dummy if what he says doesn't turn out to be true . But I don't want to spend 1400$ or more for this kit and it not fit my car.

I believe you that worked but also I don't have a measurement for anything as of yet for the hole on a slant . But Holley says 100% autolite 1100 is not the same as many mopar folks email them this question as they want to use their new kit and it won't fit. I've ordered gaskets for both as someone suggested . What year 170 was yours ?

Their claim is that their 1bbl efi kit is for autolite 1100 replacement only. That it was a mainly used only on the ford straight 6s. But. I have their emails to me that I thought about posting it but don't want him to look like a dummy if what he says doesn't turn out to be true . But I don't want to spend 1400$ or more for this kit and it not fit my car.
Then buy a couple of 3 dollar mounting gaskets. One for the autolite and one for the bbs and see if they're the same. This ain't hard to figure out.

I bought gaskets for the slant and the auto light 1100 .
Because I've yet to find measurement for the slant flange . But also the gaskets I get for the slants some have the tiny holes in them and some don't . Not sure why but some don't .
Are they the same bolt and center hole dimensions?

Then buy a couple of 3 dollar mounting gaskets. One for the autolite and one for the bbs and see if they're the same. This ain't hard to figure out.
Hat I've done - I mentioned that already and thanked the person who suggested it. But it's weird because I have ordered so many slant carb gaskets and isolabefore and they generally all wrong.Most even from Napa never have the smaller holes in them like I need for carter b&b . I had to find proper one on eBay because Napa can't get the correct one.

76CECB7D-37DF-4918-A920-49CE428E5D38.png

F867ABDC-1E03-4207-BFED-DA0BAE3153DE.png

C691C825-2042-4946-9DAC-D76EF1C57142.png

Hat I've done - I mentioned that already and thanked the person who suggested it. But it's weird because I have ordered so many slant carb gaskets and isolabefore and they generally all wrong.Most even from Napa never have the smaller holes in them like I need for carter b&b . I had to find proper one on eBay because Napa can't get the correct one.

View attachment 1715994470

View attachment 1715994471

View attachment 1715994472
Why are you worrying about the smaller holes? You're not using the BBS, right? You're wanting to use the Holley Sniper, correct? You should use the style gasket the Holley Sniper needs, not the BBS. None of this is going to go together without you having to mod, fab and make something here and there. If that's what you thing or are trying to do, you need another hobby.

Why are you worrying about the smaller holes? You're not using the BBS, right? You're wanting to use the Holley Sniper, correct? You should use the style gasket the Holley Sniper needs, not the BBS. None of this is going to go together without you having to mod, fab and make something here and there. If that's what you thing or are trying to do, you need another hobby.
I just want a gasket for a slant to compare to auto light 1100 to see if the bore and the studs are the same . Im mentioning the stock style gaskets because the carter b&b which I wanted to keep to replace no one had one , no one sells them or a exact replacement for one . Why I temporarily put the adapter to the 318 style 2bbl . Which I love the power but can not run a air cleaner because the hood won't close. So I've come to where now I'd like to try the Holley efi kit . But it will only work if I can bolt it to the stock intake with no riser or adapter . And we still don't know the
Dimensions Are the same or different or how different they may be. Yes I want a near exact bolt on replacement . If it doesn't fit that's fine.

I just want a gasket for a slant to compare to auto light 1100 to see if the bore and the studs are the same . Im mentioning the stock style gaskets because the carter b&b which I wanted to keep to replace no one had one , no one sells them or a exact replacement for one . Why I temporarily put the adapter to the 318 style 2bbl . Which I love the power but can not run a air cleaner because the hood won't close. So I've come to where now I'd like to try the Holley efi kit . But it will only work if I can bolt it to the stock intake with no riser or adapter . And we still don't know the
Dimensions Are the same or different or how different they may be. Yes I want a near exact bolt on replacement . If it doesn't fit that's fine.
I'm kornfroosed. Up there ^^^^^ you clearly said you had bought both gaskets. As usual, talkin with you is goin in circles, so have fun!

-
Back