slow/ fast / respectable?

-

zakimodo

Reaction score
Went to the drag strip last night for a test and tune (Bandimere speedway).

Got 3 runs in, and honestly not sure what I should expect out of my car. What do you guys think (car 450 in time slips)?

Car as is in signature. Weighed in at 3500 lbs with me in it. I know the 3.23 gears didnt help as i never made it to 4 th gear by the end of the track.

Attachments

• 20151008_185821.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 384
  • 20151008_185850.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 371
  • 20151008_185910.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 394
You're at Mile High... It's not too bad. You'd be faster at sea level, and you're rowing it yourself which in most cases (mine included) slow you down. For a 318 with 3.23s and a stick a mile up you're doing respectable.

With that mph and 60 you have more in it. But with a 318 and that high up you are doing well.

You should be bracket racing, look at those ETs for the first 2 slips,,,,wow, 1/1000 of a second difference between the 2.
Nail your reaction time and you'll be bringing home some wins. :)

For what you have at a mile high I would agree you're doing OK. Are you dumping the clutch and spinning on a street tire with those 60ft times?

Yep, slicks or sticky tires, a pinion snubber up near the floor, dump the clutch with the revs up near 3000 or higher and hang on. Oh, and shift it as hard as you can.

Attachments

• pinks launch_0001.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 313
Bad 60's

101 MPH is good for a 13.00 time slip. At that altitude, it's no slouch. Would be a 12.00/110 car or better at sea level. Does the slip have a DA number on it?

You should be bracket racing, look at those ETs for the first 2 slips,,,,wow, 1/1000 of a second difference between the 2.
Nail your reaction time and you'll be bringing home some wins. :)

For what you have at a mile high I would agree you're doing OK. Are you dumping the clutch and spinning on a street tire with those 60ft times?

Yeah, Grip was an issue. I was revving to ~3K and working off the clutch to try to avoid too much tire spin (open diff didnt help). My second pass had the most spin as I got a little to aggressive.

How about the guy on the first time slip running a 13.8 at 103 mph haha that is the one that really needs some slicks.

I don't know how much the elevation affects it. I'm not going to sugar coat it. 15's @ 93 mph is really slow. However, it seems to me that you could reasonably shave .5 second off your 60ft time which is worth about a second on the big end. So you could probably see 14's.

What's your HP? Mine makes 314 at the wheels and goes 11.70's in full street trim. And I don't make it into 4th gear either.

I don't know how much the elevation affects it. I'm not going to sugar coat it. 15's @ 93 mph is really slow. However, it seems to me that you could reasonably shave .5 second off your 60ft time which is worth about a second on the big end. So you could probably see 14's.

What's your HP? Mine makes 314 at the wheels and goes 11.70's in full street trim. And I don't make it into 4th gear either.

I have 0 clue what this thing is putting down. It has never been on a dyno.

621hp and goes 13's barely over 100mph.

Maybe your car is fast as hell, just the elevation change?

The guy had a 2 second 60 foot time. He was spinning bad. Plus with that mph he should be in the twelves at bandimere which would be 11s at sea level.

That car has a ten second run in it I bet.

Sorry to get off topic.

621hp and goes 13's barely over 100mph.

Maybe your car is fast as hell, just the elevation change?

He may have been sandbagging. Cars under 14 needed a helmet and a fire jacket. Lots of guys were coasting after the 1/8th. Two of the guys I went with were asked to leave after running mid 13's with no helmet.

He may have been sandbagging. Cars under 14 needed a helmet and a fire jacket. Lots of guys were coasting after the 1/8th. Two of the guys I went with were asked to leave after running mid 13's with no helmet.

Just the helmet....quicker then 11.49 for the jacket, where you would need a rollbar as well.

-
Back