Small block + 4 speed build

-
I’d upgrade the pushrods. Don’t worry about the weight, you can’t beat a beefy strong pushrod.

I’d upgrade the pushrods. Don’t worry about the weight, you can’t beat a beefy strong pushrod.
I’m not worried about weight, I’m using 7/16 .120 wall pushrods in my own engine. Heavy pushrod is a good thing.
I don’t have pushrods for this yet as I don’t know the length I need yet, but I was planning on getting some hardened .080” wall 5/16 pushrods in this…

Last edited:
Small update:
The block required a lot of work. Previous machine shop screwed up, one hole was sleeved and it ovalized hole next to it which required another sleeve. Both decks were canted forward and it also needed line hone. This was supposed to be machined block that was ready for assembly.
I could not believe what I saw when I started measuring thigs. You need to check everything nowadays, people dont take pride of what they do anymore, just money matters.

Also that new eagle crank for this engine was slighlty bent. We had to straightenit and machine it 0.010".
Nothing can go smooth as it should I guess.

Last edited:
-
Back