Small Block Chrysler Racer Brown camshafts

-
Back in the late 60s/early 70s, we ran a lot of wild or non compatible combinations on the street because we basically didn't know any better. I guess with age comes wisdom, but I won't swear to that! LMAO

Back in the late 60s/early 70s, we ran a lot of wild or non compatible combinations on the street because we basically didn't know any better. I guess with age comes wisdom, but I won't swear to that! LMAO

Lol. How true. I ran a .590 solid lifter cam back in the 1970’s on the street. then in 2008 when I switched back to small blocks my first 9.80 engine had a .520 racer brown cam in it.

I like to think I know stuff about cams but I guarantee Jim knows more. I took the plunge and had him custom grind the hyd roller for the 5.9L in my Duster, when he sent me the specs I had that little voice in my head saying "what if this was different, what if that was different" but I trusted him and sure enough it runs (and sounds) like a friggin beast, wouldn't change a thing.

To the OP, you could call Jim and get his recommendation on what kind of combo that cam would run best in.

I guess I'm not allowed to reply to the reasoning of this thread where it was mentioned of the racer brown cam being for sale with the price posted. I inquired. My bad

-
Back