small block victor heads

-
I have zero confidence in edelbrock anymore to not screw them up.

They cluster-f'd the BB victor, I expect the same from them with these SB heads.

I have zero confidence in edelbrock anymore to not screw them up.

They cluster-f'd the BB victor, I expect the same from them with these SB heads.

Whats the deal with the BB Victor?

Also look at the flow numbers, just 10 more cfm than their "optimistic" flow numbers from the RPM's which flowed 220 on the intake ( they advertised 250 cfm for the rpm.) on my flow bench.

there still at least 6 mths away,and indy heads are mainly junk, you can get a sb pro-comp head like a rpm ,and will have a indy style soon ,they are known for there junk the others are not much better ,time you fix all there mistakes and half done jobs

Chris,

They screwed up the ports on them from a decent working OOTB head that only needed a good valve job to make good power, to a POS that requires porting. Now they are no different than an Indy head, can't run them OOTB.... genius! I guess they don't evaluate the changes they make on what the end user needs to do. Better take the "bolt on, OOTB and go" sticker off the packaging! Fricken stupid.

Just as an example, the old BB victor head with a std port window and a good valve job could make 600hp pretty easy on a 500" without going insane on the camshaft. These new one, doubt they make 550 on the same engine. Flow at .500 lift is down over 20 cfm from the old port and the low lift numbers aren't good either.

They did do a nice revision on the chamber. Should have left the old port configuration with the new chamber and it would have been a solid improvement.

I think those flow numbers for the SB heads on the site are for RPM heads. Look close at the part number associated with that chart.

That is a bare head!
61749deck.jpg

I look at the flow chart and
was expecting more from them

was thinking to replace my w2 for them
but with those number Ill keep my old cast iron heads

mopar fans always get the shaft and the worst seletion of heads....dosent any of these companays realise that when they come up with a head thatflows 350 out of the box they will get rich there are enough of us...

mopar fans always get the shaft and the worst seletion of heads....dosent any of these companays realise that when they come up with a head thatflows 350 out of the box they will get rich there are enough of us...

they prefer to try getting rich
on the first 2 set of heads they will sell

imagine good heads at affordable price

actually the W2 head is one of the best cast iron head ever made regardless of brand....w5 heads are pretty good too...

Chris,

They screwed up the ports on them from a decent working OOTB head that only needed a good valve job to make good power, to a POS that requires porting. Now they are no different than an Indy head, can't run them OOTB.... genius! I guess they don't evaluate the changes they make on what the end user needs to do. Better take the "bolt on, OOTB and go" sticker off the packaging! Fricken stupid.

Just as an example, the old BB victor head with a std port window and a good valve job could make 600hp pretty easy on a 500" without going insane on the camshaft. These new one, doubt they make 550 on the same engine. Flow at .500 lift is down over 20 cfm from the old port and the low lift numbers aren't good either.

They did do a nice revision on the chamber. Should have left the old port configuration with the new chamber and it would have been a solid improvement.

I think those flow numbers for the SB heads on the site are for RPM heads. Look close at the part number associated with that chart.

Thanks for the clarification. I was really really disappointed in my RPMs. So much so that I sold them. I just bought another set for $300 bucks at the swap meet that were used. I thought what the hell i'm gonna have to rebuild them anyways. I am hoping to get them to flow as good as my ported X heads.

-
Back