Smog laws, in your state: What's Happening?...

-
Here in Az, well at least in Maricopa county, everything has to go through emissions from 67 up. Its pretty stupid if you ask me. Not many cars running around that old and getting them to pass is a joke because your just going to adjust it back where it was.

Collector car insurance solves the emissions testing issue. No testing at all.

Here in Az, well at least in Maricopa county, everything has to go through emissions from 67 up. Its pretty stupid if you ask me. Not many cars running around that old and getting them to pass is a joke because your just going to adjust it back where it was.

There are a couple of ways that this doesn't necessarily apply

Vehicles designated as "collectible" (requires collectible vehicle insurance,
reported to Arizona Motor Vehicle Division by insurer)

Or, if you live AND work outside of the emission check zones (the pink parts on the map) - also, cars newer than 6 years old get a bye, too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 7.50.19 AM.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 118
No emissions/inspections here in Illinois that I'm aware of. Maybe someone from Chicago can verify. I know there isn't where I live. By the way, if this state was to do the "no rust hole" thing, they can stop dumping 2 inches of salt for every 1 inch of snow

Here in Delaware 1968 and newer has emissions but you can then get collector plates and never have to go through again.

No emission standards in Iowa and no talk of having any. Years ago they had emmission / safety inspections (I was an inspector) but that lasted less than 2 years. Now Iowa doesn't have any inspections for anything except restaurants ...:blob:

Last I knew, there were only two counties in Idaho State requiring testing. Here's an excerpt from the "FAQ" for Canyon county, what does "not" apply:

"The following types of vehicles are exempt from emissions testing requirements according to Idaho Code §39-116B as specified in IDAPA 58.01.01.517.05:

• Electric or hybrid vehicles
• Motor vehicles with a model year less than 5 years old
• Motor vehicles with a model year older than 1981
• Classic automobiles as defined by section §49-406A, Idaho Code
• Motor vehicles with a maximum gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of less than 1,500 pounds
• Motor vehicles registered as motor homes as defined by Section §49-114, Idaho Code
• Motorized farm equipment
• Vehicles solely engaged in the business of agriculture (defined as “Farm Vehicle” pursuant to Idaho Code §49-123(2)(d))
• GVWR of 14,001 or greater"

"They" (the thems, you know "the others") were thinking of implementing it here in this county a few years ago, NOT because we have a big population here, and NOT because WE generate a problem, but because the EPA had sensors here, and with certain weather conditions, "all that crap" drifts over here from Spokane!!!!

I haven't heard anything lately. I think, prolly, the big bubble burst a few years ago put a stop to quite a few ambitious "projects"

Non of that BS up here Tim. No emissions test, no state inspection. Plate it and drive the wheels off of it.

No emissions/inspections here in Illinois that I'm aware of. Maybe someone from Chicago can verify. I know there isn't where I live. By the way, if this state was to do the "no rust hole" thing, they can stop dumping 2 inches of salt for every 1 inch of snow
Chicagoland area only. 1996 and newer only.

Nevada has no safety inspectons. Only two counties have smog inspections and only certain zip code within that county....Out west our Counties are kind of big....

Then anything older then 25 yrs old can register as a Classic Vehicle...no smog but limited to 5000 miles a year.

Here where I live in VA there's no actual emissions check but do have an annual safety check which costs $16 set by the state and done by private garages. For 76 and newer the inspector is supposed to visually verify there's a cat (at least he did on a 76 Aspen I once had). I do know that in closer to the DC area and Hampton Roads area they have smog checks

Minnesota has no testing at all. Collector plates are for "parades and car shows" only, but I drive my car any time I damn well please. There's always some show, cruise in or what not I can use as an excuse if I encounter a jerk cop.

-
Back