Snakes and Spiders and things that crawl

-
Brown recluse bites are the worst most painful there are , their venom is like acid just eats thru your flesh , the doctors just keep cutting the flesh away till they get it all [unless its headed for a vital organ then------ well best of luck to ya if they can't stop it ]!!!!!!!!!

Brown recluse bites are the worst most painful there are , their venom is like acid just eats thru your flesh , the doctors just keep cutting the flesh away till they get it all [unless its headed for a vital organ then------ well best of luck to ya if they can't stop it ]!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! They suck. I'll take the rattle snake any day o the week...

I had the express joy of a recluse biting me on my hip. I was hanging out in the backyard with some buddies of mine, minding my own business and BAM! I freaked the hell out...not even gonna lie. Doc took a quarter sized chunk outta me.

....I hate spiders

Sorry, but I have to do this. I don't like spiders, either, but I love watching other peoples' reactions to them. I don't freeze and scream when I see them, but I really don't like letting one live, cause you never know when it'll come back with its big brother! For those of you who have been bitten by them, I am sorry for your pain and I hope these videos don't bother you too much.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEkAAK_NuBQ"]would you catch this huge spider like that - YouTube[/ame]

I love the little girl's comment at the end of this next one: "I told you not to play with spiders!"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU"]Big Spider Attacks Daddy - YouTube[/ame]

Once again, I am truly sorry!

Most brown recluse spider bites are do to wood piles. Never get to close to a wood pile wit a mower wearing shorts or without gloves. Yes they do leap and attack when they feel they are threatened.

My in-law was cutting grass on a riding tractor wearing shorts. While going by a pile of stacked wood the spider jumped on him and he was bit. He lost a better portion of his upper leg.

My nephew never does field work on the farm tractor without being fully dressed gloves and large rim hat. He says fence lines are the worse. They love old wood and shrubs. any farm animal bitten on the face usually do not make it.

I live in Iowa. We don't see these types of things here. I have family in Texas and Florida and often thought of moving there. But this stops me cold. Is my paranoia exaggerated? I guess I imagine seeing them everywhere once I get there?

I have lived in west texas 18 years of my 44 years on this good earth. I have seen maybe 5 black widows, 3 scorpions,.and 2 rattlesnakes, not counting the thousands of em you see at the rattlesnake roundup in sweetwater every year. Never seen a brown recluse tho i know what to look for. Seen many fire ant mounds, those are just a bit of a pain in the ***. A bit of spectraside fire ant crystals on the nest, and some water to wash it in, and they r done.

Theres crazy stuff every where you live. When i go to the junkyard i tap on the car bumpers with a socket wrench to let snakes know im here, it lets them get away. Rattlers are more scared of you than you are of them, they will strike whrn threatened, or cornered. They prefer to flee and not be around people. The rattle on their tails evolved from grazing animals accidentally stepping on them, its their warning to keep away because they feel threatened.

Spiders, and scorpions just squash em with your boot. I live in town, my home was built in 1979. Since its not on the outskirts of town, i have never seen any of these critters except for fire.ants which i got rid of pretty quickly.

The other critters you will see in the country.

Good luck, i love it out here, maybe your relatives are scaring you so you stay put and dont move LOL

Josh you might not want to go to the middle east either.

Attachments

• 65 VALIANT.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 94
I have lived in west texas 18 years of my 44 years on this good earth. I have seen maybe 5 black widows, 3 scorpions,.and 2 rattlesnakes, not counting the thousands of em you see at the rattlesnake roundup in sweetwater every year. Never seen a brown recluse tho i know what to look for. Seen many fire ant mounds, those are just a bit of a pain in the ***. A bit of spectraside fire ant crystals on the nest, and some water to wash it in, and they r done.

Theres crazy stuff every where you live. When i go to the junkyard i tap on the car bumpers with a socket wrench to let snakes know im here, it lets them get away. Rattlers are more scared of you than you are of them, they will strike whrn threatened, or cornered. They prefer to flee and not be around people. The rattle on their tails evolved from grazing animals accidentally stepping on them, its their warning to keep away because they feel threatened.

Spiders, and scorpions just squash em with your boot. I live in town, my home was built in 1979. Since its not on the outskirts of town, i have never seen any of these critters except for fire.ants which i got rid of pretty quickly.

The other critters you will see in the country.

Good luck, i love it out here, maybe your relatives are scaring you so you stay put and dont move LOL

Not my relatives they often ask me when im moving. To be honest I didnt have this fear till i moved into our house now. Lots of wolf spiders couple of big bastards too.

Try Louisianna

I did, but not by choice. First, let me say I'm not a fan of either spiders or snakes - the only good ones are dead ones in my book.
Now about Louisiana...I was sent to Ft. Polk in January '71 for Basic Training. I picked up a post newspaper my third day on the base and right on the front page is a photo of a soldier who'd killed a copperhead while out on bivouac. He was holding it out at arms length and the snake's tail was dragging on the ground.
Turned out there were four different types of snakes on base: copperheads, rattlers, water moccasins, and coral snakes - each one just a bit deadlier than the next.
The good thing was there was antivenom available for all of them back then. I recently read where all of the coral snake antivenom expired in 2010 and production of new ceased because it was unprofitable due to the relatively small number of coral snake bites recorded annually in the U.S. Tell that to someone who's been bitten!

That's a species of Camel Spider. They are found in the middle east. They get like 2 feet long.

And the big mothers like to run along humvees in the shaded shadow! My friend Michael was over there for a while since he's in the Air Force and sent me a video he took of one running next to them! Fast F***s anyway!

We have one out here that you don't see very often thank God.
It's called the Mojave Green rattle snake.
They are bright green like leaves on a tree but they look just like a diamonback otherwise.
They have a nasty attitude and will literally chase a person.

The State of AZ was doing some cross breeding for some stupid reason and they got out into the wild.
They are a diamondback crossed with a viper that there is no antivenom for so they are usually deadly if you get bit by one.
I was literally jogging backwards away from one that was chasing me, till I could get my gun out and blast him.

I did, but not by choice. First, let me say I'm not a fan of either spiders or snakes - the only good ones are dead ones in my book.
Now about Louisiana...I was sent to Ft. Polk in January '71 for Basic Training. I picked up a post newspaper my third day on the base and right on the front page is a photo of a soldier who'd killed a copperhead while out on bivouac. He was holding it out at arms length and the snake's tail was dragging on the ground.
Turned out there were four different types of snakes on base: copperheads, rattlers, water moccasins, and coral snakes - each one just a bit deadlier than the next.
The good thing was there was antivenom available for all of them back then. I recently read where all of the coral snake antivenom expired in 2010 and production of new ceased because it was unprofitable due to the relatively small number of coral snake bites recorded annually in the U.S. Tell that to someone who's been bitten!

And the big mothers like to run along humvees in the shaded shadow! My friend Michael was over there for a while since he's in the Air Force and sent me a video he took of one running next to them! Fast F***s anyway!

:) he wasn't yelling Jihad! was he?

Just seen and killed a Black Widow here in Colorado Springs about 2 weeks ago.
Was helping a friend put some stuff in his shed when we looked up and there she was above the door on the inside. She was about the size of a 50cent piece and had an eggsack as well.
Ended up getting the brakeparts cleaner/lighter treatment, lol.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJa428v9ekE"]World's Biggest Insects - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back