Snow fluries in central Florida

-

Mopar-Man

Big Block Better Burnout
Reaction score
Not sure we are gonna make it.

People are rushing to the stores buying all of the bread and milk. I could not find any chains anywhere for my slicks, not sure if they even make them that wide. People are practicing their winter driving skills on Interstate 4 by tailgating each other; making wild, sudden lane changes; and side-swiping construction barrels.

Theme parts were closed today due to bitter cold (I saw 48 degrees on the thermometer at work!).

Cold Weather Forces Closure of Orlando Theme Parks

Flurries have been reported in several cities ahead of the actual storm that is supposed to hit by the A.M. (???)

Orlando News, Weather, and Sports

Please... we need the government to send supplies ASAP. I heard it could hit 31 tomorrow night and surely our pipes will break and everything! Power will probably go out as everyone sets their thermostats at 82.

#Floridiots
#Nocommonsense
#Skyisfalling

Yep it is silly, government offices, schools and libraries closed here tomorrow due to forecasted "wintery mix."

Yep it is silly, government offices, schools and libraries closed here tomorrow due to forecasted "wintery mix."
I live in the panhandle and just notice they prep some of the bridges (antifreeze) for ice. This is redicous I grew up in Massachusetts these folks are lossin their minds down here.

I wonder how Palm Bay is doing? Deroy is there.

It’s all relative. When our northern friends heat goes to 100*f w/100% humidity, well, I think after a month of that there living in the refrigerator.

I do feel bad for them getting conditions that make them panic.
Long Island is expecting 6-10 inches on the east end. If I get 10 inches of snow, I break out the snow thrower to make life easy and hot coco. Start a fire! Relax.

Last edited:
I was need how Palm Bay is doing? Deroy is there.

It’s all relative. When our northern friends heat goes to 100*f w/100% humidity, well, I think after a month of that there living in the refrigerator.

I do feel bad for them getting conditions that make them panic.
Long Island is expecting 6-10 inches on the east end. If I get 10 inches of snow, I break out the snow thrower to make life easy and hot coco. Start a fire! Relax.

On, no! Don't tell them to start fires. Very few homes have fireplaces so this will not end well. During the hurricanes many people run their generators in the garage and gas the entire family.

Funny, us real Florida Crackers in the small towns we live in over here in NW Volusia County are OK. The transplants are losing there minds. Thought these people know what cold weather is?

Palm Bay might not even freeze..............

Wow! Sounds like Houston, Tx. on the news last night, Low predicted at 24 and a chance some moisture could freeze on bridges,,,highway crews were spraying some sorta stuff on them... surely NOT salt!!!!!? ha

Last edited:
Honestly if you guys want a true look into the insanity that the rest of us call Florida you have to look into a man named Tim Dorsey. He writes a series of books they're so true to the way people live their lives in Florida. I myself live there for four years after high school my son was born there. I have tons of family there and was there this summer. When I live there in the late 80s early 90s we had a snow storm on the beach. I lived in in northeastern most corner of Florida. I had or I should say my ex-wife and I had a two-bedroom place across the street from the beach on A1A. Back then for a place basically on the beach 2 bedroom 1 bath Cottage home was $285 a month LOL but that was good considering after four years on the golf course I had made up to $6.85 an hour. Another reason for leaving Florida. anyways you can look up in the early 90s where there was a snowstorm and literally the saltwater was lapping up onto the 6" of snow. I distinctly remember one of the sheriff's officers out in the parking lot of the local Kmart spinning cookies. Also distinctly remember driving to the store with my at the time older neighbor who had never seen snow before and was asking me how fast he should be going? I said how fast do you want to hit that telephone pole right there when you go out of control? He slowed down a bit. He never made a snowball in his entire life and I think he was about 35 or 36 at the time and I was about 21.
It's not good for Florida to freeze they have all of our oranges and stuff like that.

And by the way you'll never likely hear any of us people up in the Northwest bragging about how great our weather is or bad it is or anything or how beautiful it is. We don't want anybody else knowing and mucking it up.

And by the way you'll never likely hear any of us people up in the Northwest bragging about how great our weather is or bad it is or anything or how beautiful it is. We don't want anybody else knowing and mucking it up.
Correct, that's why my location is "i'm here"..... ! Oooops, Chicago found us 25 years ago :D

Correct, that's why my location is "i'm here"..... ! Oooops, Chicago found us 25 years ago :D

Years ago, I was sitting on a plane (in my jeans, boots) next to a very unhappy looking guy in a suit. He tells me he is from Chicago, BUT adds only till he can retire and get out of that x##*^ place! I told him I knew he could buy and sell ME, BUT I felt bad for him.....

Years ago, I was sitting on a plane (in my jeans, boots) next to a very unhappy looking guy in a suit. He tells me he is from Chicago, BUT adds only till he can retire and get out of that x##*^ place! I told him I knew he could buy and sell ME, BUT I felt bad for him.....
they have driven the price of wooded land out of this world. They all want to hunt here, and if you have 20 acres with a stream running through it, you might as well sell a gold mine, cause that's what they get.

they have driven the price of wooded land out of this world. They all want to hunt here, and if you have 20 acres with a stream running through it, you might as well sell a gold mine, cause that's what they get.

Sounds like SE Tx here. You know I moved here from SW Mo. last fall where land is cheap compared to most the world. My wife is in (agent) rural R/E here. People give the damnest prices for C--- woods, cut over sand crap! Mind boggling! BUT NO snow or cold ( today they think it is cold! ha)...

Last edited:
-
Back