So long, Tony Stewart

-
For the guy to have time to get out of his car and start walking across the track, you'd think this dipsh*t would have seen a yellow flag and slowed down. If he just kept racing and ignored the yellow, they should hit him with manslaughter at least.

EDIT: I just read the article in your link, and it had more info than the CNN story I read. Sounds like dirty racing to me. I have to agree with you. I hope they throw the book at him. Then pick it up and throw it at him again!

I think the real hothead here is the guy who jumped out of his car and basically ran into the path of oncoming race cars. You guys are way too quick to play judge, jury, and executioner! There are several sides to this story. You may hate Tony for some reason, but really, do you think any driver would purposely kill another? There are a couple different videos of the accident(s) and the evidence is very inconclusive.

Since he's part owner of the racing team, I doubt that he will pull himself out of the race.

If he did really hit the gas on purpose and ended up killing someone, they should not let him race. You have to keep a cool head and not let the heat of the moment get you....

After watching the video numerous times it looked like the guy right before tony almost hit him too.

Looks like the dead guys fault to me

After watching the video numerous times it looked like the guy right before tony almost hit him too.

looks to me like tony swerved at him and gunned the engine, pretty plain!! never liked the little bastard, always wanting to see some one cold **** him. ever see the vidio`s of him playing w/ kevin harvicks wife`s *** , right in front of kevin ? reportedly, does it before every race! which ain`t sayin much for harvick either. watch the vidio again!!

What do you do when someone is in the street? Hit the gas? No. You slow down. Pedestrians have the right of way no matter what on the road, even if they are not in a legal crosswalk. Any judge will tell you that. The same should hold true everywhere else. A car is a lot bigger than a person. It's just common sense. Stewart has had a reputation for being a hot head all along and everybody knows it. I'm sure he didn't run the guy down on purpose, but he tried to scare the guy and it went wrong. You never lose your cool behind the wheel. Call it however you want to, but there's no excuse for it. None whatsoever.

Looks pretty inconclusive to me. I guess if you are dumb enough to get out of a car and walk towards a moving vehicle, you are willing to take your chances.

The accident looked like a racing incident where Tony's car washed up and pinched the 13 car. Stuff happens all the time. Who's to say that the other guy didn't take another step towards Tony just as the car got to him.

Looks pretty inconclusive to me. I guess if you are dumb enough to get out of a car and walk towards a moving vehicle, you are willing to take your chances.

The accident looked like a racing incident where Tony's car washed up and pinched the 13 car. Stuff happens all the time. Who's to say that the other guy didn't take another step towards Tony just as the car got to him.

I agree with that, BUT, they ALL do it. Every single one. Usually with a thrown helmet or even thrown punches involved. They all have to show off, so it's not like Stewart didn't know it was coming. He knew he wrecked the guy. He should have been ready to slow down coming around. Continuing with speed was stupid. There was enough stupid to go around for the both of them.

I hit a pedestrian once ( didn't kill him ) . He came off the sidewalk walking across 3 lanes of 40 mph traffic. I was in the middle lane. I tried hard to avoid hitting him.
If their was video showing this event, Many would say I should have hit the car in the inside lane to avoid the pedestrian. Social media would have crucified me too.

Wow! Seems there could be blame on both sides. Public Relations nightmare, sponsorship money could be the death of Stewert Hass Racing. I really don't think it was intentional but then again under yellow should have your car under control. From the angle of that video looks to me like he gunned it to try and avoid a collision. R.I.P. too young to die

i saw a dirrerant clip then,tony reved and swearved at him,to scare him i would think,not kill him.i dont like or dislike tony,but i would think he is in trouble

Tony has a history of being a "hothead" but I don't think this is the case here. It looked to me like he was trying to get away from a person who suddenly appeared from behind the car in front of him who was close to hitting the guy too.

I see a new rule coming down that if you get out of the car on the track and walk into traffic your career is done.

Tony has a history of being a "hothead" but I don't think this is the case here. It looked to me like he was trying to get away from a person who suddenly appeared from behind the car in front of him who was close to hitting the guy too.

I see a new rule coming down that if you get out of the car on the track and walk into traffic your career is done.

Perhaps the most level headed explanation. Lets hope that ends up the case. Even though I don't like the guy, I'd hate to think he'd kill somebody on purpose. The situation sucks, regardless.

sorry, but if that's what you think, then you're an idiot.

So far, we've handled this with attacking each other. People see things different ways. Can we leave it at that?

Watched the video. Only thing to say for certain is that a car driven by Stewart killed another driver. Intentional? Video is not a high enough quality to say for sure. But there is shared responsibility here. What in the world was Ward walking around outside his car without safety even being on the scene in the first place! Plus, Stewart did not have control of his car to avoid him. Sad, sad all around.

Be interesting to see what NASCAR does NOT say today.

...The accident looked like a racing incident where Tony's car washed up and pinched the 13 car. Stuff happens all the time...
It also looks like the 13 tried to squeeze his car between Tony and the rail, where therewas really no room for it. The videos are inconclusive as far as I'm concerned.

That's the last time that KID gets out of his car to confront some one..IDIOT hopefully nothing happens to Tony one of the "real" drivers in the sport..

-
Back