So long, Tony Stewart

-
Bad judgement call. How many of you have made a bad decision while your adrenalins pumping.When you are racing youre wound up like a cheap watch. Guy should have stayed in his car ,Tony should have avoided him. Both made bad calls. I,ve made bad calls.Dont make it murder. Manslaughter at best.

the way I see it is , he definitely did not try to kill him , that's just crazy, but tony saw him pointing his finger and **** , and as he went by he got in the gas showing his nuts, spun his tires, the car kicked out sideways for a split second and caught him with the tire. I don't care for TS either, but you have two heated individuals that got caught up in some dumb ****. one idiot out there running towards the cars, and another idiot giving him a fly by power rev , and they collided. it was a swinging dick contest and unfortunately , someone lost thier life

I think the real hothead here is the guy who jumped out of his car and basically ran into the path of oncoming race cars. You guys are way too quick to play judge, jury, and executioner! There are several sides to this story. You may hate Tony for some reason, but really, do you think any driver would purposely kill another? There are a couple different videos of the accident(s) and the evidence is very inconclusive.

Looked intentional to me...

lets face it... in racing emotions can flare.... Tony has earned rep as hothead, the other guy was mad and wasn't thinking, surely Tony had no intention of hurting anyone pissed or not, the yellow should have slowed things dowm, bottom line a tragiuc loss of life, and a black eye for Tony or maybe worse but I doubt any charges will be filed......

I have to wonder about the sanctioning body of NASCAR in allowing Tony Stewart to race today while still under investigation for a "race related incident"; not my words, those are the words of the police chief of the investigating unit. If a police officer kills someone while on duty, aren't they usually taken off the street during the investigation? Don't we expect people that have concealed carry permits to have common sense and not to shoot other people arbitrarily just because they are verbally threatened; don't we usually expect there to be some type of offensive act towards the individual possessing the weapon before they are justified in drawing and discharging their weapon?

Tony Stewart is observed revving his engine, while under caution, causing the rear of his car to break loose and striking the other driver. Would the other driver had been struck if Tony Stewart had not made a choice to rev his engine, causing the rear of his car to break loose; I think not. The other driver walking towards Tony is not an offensive act when he is in a vulnerable position compared to Tony Stewart inside of a well protected race vehicle. It was a poor choice on that driver's part as well, but his action did not cause his death; Tony Stewart performed an unsafe act which caused this incident. IMHO, that was an extremely poor choice and his actions should have serious consequences. Whether Tony Stewart intended for this to happen or not is only relevant in respect to the difference between murder and manslaughter.

Bad judgement call. How many of you have made a bad decision while your adrenalins pumping.When you are racing youre wound up like a cheap watch. Guy should have stayed in his car ,Tony should have avoided him. Both made bad calls. I,ve made bad calls.Dont make it murder. Manslaughter at best.

X2 I am a Stewart fan big time I am so bumb out right now,Iam sure Tony would like to redo what happened last night,me I don't think he meant it,I DON'T THINK HE SHOULD RACE TODAY REGARDLESS .:wack:

Espn marque reads "tony Stewart will not participate in today's race"

I believe they were both at fault. All we can do though is play the waiting game and keep everyone in our thoughts and prayers

I have to disagree with a statement about Ward. If he had STAYED IN HIS CAR, he would not of been struck and killed. If you walk out on a live fire range, then you run the risk of getting killed. Stewart is responsible for not keeping his vehicle under control resulting in the death of a driver. Big news for sure, and an incident that is sure to divide the racing community as it is dividing us here.

Tony is not racing today - his choice not NASCAR's. NASCAR can't prevent someone from driving just because of an accident. He is not charged with anything - he is a free person, just like the rest of us.

My thoughts and prayers are with this young man's family and the racing community as a whole.

I haven't seen anybody use the word hate yet....unless I missed it.

I'm not a fan of NASCAR, let alone any type of circle track racing.
I just watched the video and in my opinion he tried to avoid hitting him.
Tony was going as slow as the driver in front of him and when the Ward kid ran down in front of him it's obvious that Tony goosed it to keep from hitting him as the rear of the car actually went left, away from Ward. I think the kid just got too close and as the cars rear came back it snagged him.

Terrible tragedy that could've been avoided if the kid stayed in his rig and cooled off a little.

Commie National News CNN is reporting he will race today, as of 3 minutes ago
must be an old report. Greg zippideli (sp?) did what I think was a live interview stating that tony decided not to race today. Regan smith is being flown in and getting his seat setup in the car

must be an old report. Greg zippideli (sp?) did what I think was a live interview stating that tony decided not to race today. Regan smith is being flown in and getting his seat setup in the car

probably right, I think it would be disrespectful to race after that. I know the last thing on my mind would be getting back in a race car

Tony was going as slow as the driver in front of him and when the Ward kid ran down in front of him it's obvious that Tony goosed it to keep from hitting him as the rear of the car actually went left, away from Ward. I think the kid just got too close and as the cars rear came back it snagged him.

Terrible tragedy that could've been avoided if the kid stayed in his rig and cooled off a little.

yep

This is how I saw it, too, but the videos are inconclusive at best. Who's to say want Stewart could see from the seat of his car. There was another car in front of him, and it's possible that Stewart didn't see the kid until the last moment. Who knows?

I can't come to a conclusion, other than Ward should have never entered the flow of traffic... That unfortunate decision was, at least 50% of the contributing factors that lead to his death.

We'll see what the investigation reveals. Unill then everything is just a guess, an interpretation, and opinion. I don't know.

And, being the professional driver that most of these guys are and knowing how their cars react, I would think when seeing something last second on the left side of your car your body instantly knows to gas it an swerve as they know the car will move away from what's there...if that sounds clear?

What a sad tragedy.
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets charged with involuntary manslaughter.
Charged is one thing, and convicted is another.
Keep that in mind.

After watching the video numerous times it looked like the guy right before tony almost hit him too.

Looks like the dead guys fault to me

Looks like death by idiocy to me! How STUPID do you have to be to WALK ON A RACE TRACK even under caution?!

Wonder why they didn't stop the cars the second this dude was walking on the track?

-
Back