So proud of this car, driver not so much

-
Sorry ...missed this I went 157.26 and I think Wallace says it should go 8.48 or so based on that. Probably putting a chin spoiler on it soon and that should help MPH too.

I think Stephen ended up using a Ford chin spoiler on my 74 Duster

IMG_0239.jpeg

For reasons I won’t get into today was my first pass of the weekend. Hot, humid, and miserable is all I can say. Ran a 6.02 on my one and only time trial and I gambled that the 60 foot was going to slow some which it did, but not enough. I gave it one quick whomp and should’ve given it 1.5. Not even buying back as this program is going to be super fast paced and I’m ready to roll on home. For this 5400.00 engine (minus carb) to run 6.02 in the weather is better than I ever expected when I put it together.

View attachment 1716273039

View attachment 1716273040

I need to just bite the bullet and put my car on alky.

A simple phone call to APD, number 10 line from the tank to regulator, number 8 to the carbs, and a 1/2 inch ball valve hooked into the intake or spacer ram inside for a lean out valve. EGT is also nice but not necessary. About 1/2-3/4 gallon per pass at Keystone.

A simple phone call to APD, number 10 line from the tank to regulator, number 8 to the carbs, and a 1/2 inch ball valve hooked into the intake or spacer ram inside for a lean out valve. EGT is also nice but not necessary. About 1/2-3/4 gallon per pass at Keystone.

My biggest hold up on it, and always was, is I need a new fuel pump and regulator, them my headers need modified so they aren’t blowing fumes in my cab.

My plan, after I get the new APD I ordered and run the car, send my original carb to APD and have them switch it over to alky.

best thing i ever did.
one thing i recommend is fender exit headers. i ran 2 seasons with under chassis headers and it was nasty. i also run M5 methanol and it's extremely strong stuff. i switched my car over to fender exit headers and it's 100% better.

Last edited:
I have always gone back and forth so many times about it. I had to call APD today and order a carb for Danny’s dads Dart. I talked with Chris for a while as I have in the past. Spoke about alky, the pros, the cons, and everything in between. As tempting as it is, I am going to have to pass, at least for now.

I have always gone back and forth so many times about it. I had to call APD today and order a carb for Danny’s dads Dart. I talked with Chris for a while as I have in the past. Spoke about alky, the pros, the cons, and everything in between. As tempting as it is, I am going to have to pass, at least for now.

I converted one of those 1150’s that I tried selling you to alcohol for my blue duster if I ever get it out. I can’t afford race gas.

-
Back