So, what ever happened to.....

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
Those other really popular cars from the late 70's to 90's? The wife and I were talking about this the other day.

You know, like the early 90's Ford trucks with the Nite package, those early 90's Silverado's that came lowered from the factory with Boyds rims. The late 70's Dodge Warlock's, I haven't seen one of those since the 70's.

2nd and 3rd gen Honda Preludes, the 280,and 280xz Datsuns? We talked about the late 80's early 90's Lazers and Daytonas before, but what about the Dodge Lancer's and the GTS's, there was a Shelby version of the Lancer.

Hmmm there must be others

Rust. Peoples taste change too. Most people dont rock Mullets and fanny packs anymore either.:iconbigg:

The Warlocks and Midnight Express trucks were awesome. You just caint lump them in with mullets and fanny packs.

The Warlocks and Midnight Express trucks were awesome. You just caint lump them in with mullets and fanny packs.

Yeah you can, it came with that generation. Is it agreeable no but it's true.

While I agree that the WL and ME and other special dodge truck's from back in the day were/are awesome;they totally belong with mullets and fanny packs. I just saw a guy the other day driving a Macho PW and when he got out,he had a mullet,wrap around shades,and acid washed parachute pants!!!! I wanted to ask him if he was a time traveler from 1983,but people in Tx carry guns:iconbigg:

I know a girl who still has a little blue and white Shelby. Just saw a 240Z today. Never see any of those SS454 Chevy pickups. I do know where there is a little Chevy 4X4 Luv truck with the diesel and a five speed.

Here in Cali the smog laws make anything built after '75 worthless for a hot rod project.Also we all know how the build quality just seemed to get worse in the 70's ,80's and beyond.

i always wanted a buick grand national or a t-bird turbo coupe in the late 80s. i was a mopar guy , but not into front wheel drive. mainly i miss the 70s and 80s van craze. those were the days.

Here in Cali the smog laws make anything built after '75 worthless for a hot rod project.Also we all know how the build quality just seemed to get worse in the 70's ,80's and beyond.

How about a Lil Red Wagon? Fastest things around, and smog exempt. Or did Ca. mess with them too?

i always wanted a buick grand national or a t-bird turbo coupe in the late 80s. i was a mopar guy , but not into front wheel drive. mainly i miss the 70s and 80s van craze. those were the days.

Friends big brother had a T-bird turbo coupe and he thought he was Gods gift. Me and his little brother would stalk him out cruising and punk him in front of anyone that would be watching in my 340 '65 Barracuda. He never wound that car past about 4500 RPM, didnt know how to drive that close ratio 5 sp. Another friend in high school had a short wheelbase Ford Econoline panel with a bed in the back, 302 and a 3 on the tree. Fast times van for sure when it wasnt full of his punk band equipment.

How about a Lil Red Wagon? Fastest things around, and smog exempt. Or did Ca. mess with them too?

As long as you don't change anything.had my work truck smogged a few weeks ago.the guy ahead of me was having his triumph tr8 inspected .they now take digital pictures of the engine bay vin etc.all plugged into sac.dmv/carb.

As long as you don't change anything.had my work truck smogged a few weeks ago.the guy ahead of me was having his triumph tr8 inspected .they now take digital pictures of the engine bay vin etc.all plugged into sac.dmv/carb.

In Oregon, the smog laws allow (at least they did) you to change engines as long as the engine was an option for that car model in the same year. Being that the OEM engine used is reflected in a newer car's VIN, unless Cali has a similar out (doubtful), I can see where we are probably going to have to keep my daughter's four cylinder to a V8 Mustang rag licensed somewhere other than CA. If the engine displacement or type used was showing up in the VIN on Mopars in '76, my slant to a 340 Duster will be in the same situation.

Hate me if you must, but my work truck is a completely stock looking rust free, dent free 90 Chevy 1/2 ton with a 96 - 330hp LT1 engine and T56 six speed manual trans and though its not customized in any way outside of what you cannot see and its a Chevy, it cruises high speeds, corners like a sports car and gets 26 mpg on the freeway.

BTW, here in Grants Pass Oregon, we haven't any inspections or smog laws..

My 79 280ZX with a 355 chevy and 700R4...

hybridzx.jpg

I see an assload of those cars at shows here in Atlanta.

Look,at caffeine and octane on Facebook.

Fred bloche posted a bunch of pics from last Sunday's cruise and you will find anything and everything there.

Dude, I was a gnats hair away from getting a warlock back in high school until my Dad found out it was the fastest American production vehicle that year.....doh!

I guess a lot of them are rotting in the pacific NW. just here in town i know of 2 warlocks, the 2 digger was hacked up sadly, second ones a 4x4 and is definitely fixable, a 78 lil red express (restored) a diesel 5 speed citation (some guys daily driver) diesel 5 speed D50 rotting away, a late 70s diesel international scout or travelall i cant remember. One of the local junkyards has a dodge dude, a 78 or 79 turbo 3.8 v6 carbuerated buick riviera (guy DROVE it in there) and farther up north a huge mopar junkyard has two 78 diesel D100's. A buddy of mine has two turbo colts, one has the splitter box for "economy" and "power" and he also has an 84 digital dashed and an 85 turbo grand national. The 85 is his 1/8 mile car.

Dustpan,nice sleeper,nice ride!.My choice,4 eyed Foxes,no smog.

Diesel D100's are a pretty rare piece..Mitsubishi 243 or something close to that hah.. think even a Perkins motor came in some too..any pics?

Those other really popular cars from the late 70's to 90's? The wife and I were talking about this the other day.

You know, like the early 90's Ford trucks with the Nite package, those early 90's Silverado's that came lowered from the factory with Boyds rims. The late 70's Dodge Warlock's, I haven't seen one of those since the 70's.

2nd and 3rd gen Honda Preludes, the 280,and 280xz Datsuns? We talked about the late 80's early 90's Lazers and Daytonas before, but what about the Dodge Lancer's and the GTS's, there was a Shelby version of the Lancer.

Hmmm there must be others

I worked for Marina Dodge in Ventura, California back in the mid 80's, we sold 5 Lancer Pacifica's, They were all white, with black leather, turbo's, 5 speed's and ground effects,...made by mother mopar for the west coast, never saw one here in CT,...haven't seen a lancer or a GTS for a long time...

-
Back