So what prompted you to choose your user name?

-
mine is from when i was a kid my dad call my car a hippo! plus that's when people called long hair people hippie's thus hippo it is

I'm a Mac tool distributor. also my e-mail Mike

D-Dart 56 Desoto 341 hemi 67-year of the Dart GT

Well....it's along story and i won't bore you with the details.
Back in the early '80s, i had a '71 Demon and i was looking for parts, and i didn't like the prices that the junkyards were charging. I ended up cruising the alleys and finding cars whole for cheap. I have 20 acres of land and decided to bring them home and part them out or trade for whatever.
I ended up accumilating a lot of a-bodies and when my friends and i were in the bar one night playing pool, a guy wanted to sell me a car and my friend stood up and said "he'll buy it he's a real Dartnut" so i guess the name stuck with me. I said i would give more than the wreckers for my cars and always have. I also have sold parts/traded for years for less than the wreckers.
I had/have a lot of parts for '69 coronets too, my second love.
Anybody want to buy some parts or project cars for cheap? Or best yet, trade?
Let me know!
I need to thin out the herd a bit.
Tom.

I'm Slantfin at Slantsix.org, but somehow I became ElFin on FABO. It's Spanish for "The Fin." lol

Back before I got on at Boeing I was a Computer Aided Drafter and Designer and I'm a guy so it became Caddguy. I now use it as my X-Box gamer tag and as part of my e-mail.
Great thread! Its kinda cool to get to know the stories behind the names.

Well, when i first joined the site, i had a plot to put a 340 in a /6 duster that i had, and ............the rest is history.lol

My name came because I worked with a man that like the old western movie star called Whip Wilson. Every body called him Whip from the 50's on. I am bigger than Whip and thus I was called Big Whip.

I go by dadof275103 on other sites. This is what my two children gave me when they wrestled those weights in high school and AAU. Needless to say many women wouldn't talk with me when they got that name. :shock:

Dadof 275103 still make me smile. My son is a Sargent in a police dept and my daughter is on her way to getting her M.D.:cheers:

Whip

Oh Michael is my given name.

ab7fh is my ham radio call sign.

I have a '64 Barracuda. I was on a mailing list after I got it (before forums were big like they are now). I think '64 Fish was taken, so I used a "Ph" and added a "y"=64physhy. Don't know why I put the "y" on it, though. Sounds kinda gay.

its my name (M)aurice (T)revor Andrews. Everyone calls me Trevor, only my Muddah' calls me Maurice!

-
Back