so you want a lol craigslist ad

-
beadlock wheels? I don't think he knows what bead locks are. Those aren't it. He wants 16k for that? he's nuts! It has potential though.

I don't get it. We have people here asking WAY more outta line prices for stuff than that and nobody ever links to those.

If the car has the original drive train, it's worth some coin. Maybe not what he's askin, but you gotta start somewhere.

I guess you'd sell it for 2500 bucks if it was yours? Nuff said.

Then you did better than 99% of people out there.

2500. may get you a terminally rusted fastback without the 4-speed here in NW Indiana if you look long enough.
Someone will offer him enough to sell it someday. It may take another decade if he does hold out for 16,000.
His car looks like a better start than any of my projects were.
Are their any other states besides Georgia that doesn't require a title?

2500. may get you a terminally rusted fastback without the 4-speed here in NW Indiana if you look long enough.
Someone will offer him enough to sell it someday. It may take another decade if he does hold out for 16,000.
His car looks like a better start than any of my projects were.
Are their any other states besides Georgia that doesn't require a title?

I don't know about other states but the law in Georgia is brutal. If a car has been registered without a title, you cannot get a title for it. Ever. Not even any of these fancy title companies can do it. But, if you have a title you can get one.

I don't know about other states but the law in Georgia is brutal. If a car has been registered without a title, you cannot get a title for it. Ever. Not even any of these fancy title companies can do it. But, if you have a title you can get one.

So do you just get a registration from the bmv to prove ownership? Do they require a notary stamp? I believe all BMV's are brutal even over the smallest typo.
I bought a barracuda from Illinois once with one letter of the vin errored on the title. I went thru hell and about 150. extra to get it corrected here in Indiana.

I wish people would copy the ads so these threads can be used for reference in the future. Future me wants to look back at these and laugh too

Bill of sale only?! "Doesn't need title" WTF kind of bullsh!t is that. It's a cool car but I wouldn't spend $16k on something with no title. Even if it did had one I'd be all in at like $5,000.

No title because you don't need one.

He may not need one but I do

Same here. Although, if it were purchased there and brought here I think with a VIN check and proper documentation I could get one.

Problem is, I wouldn't take the risk.

If I couldn't title it, I couldn't even sell it for scrap.

I'm curious about the 1 in 518 made.

This is a 1969 Plymouth barracuda fastback
318 with a hurst 4-speed
1 of only 518 made of this model

According to the Red Book, Plymouth cranked out 12,205 fastback V8s in '69. Didn't mention how many had a 4-speed, but I can't believe only 518 out of the 12,205 were ordered with one.

Still, 16k is a lot dough for that car given it's condition. A few thousand more will get you something like this:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/4926913339.html

:D

In that shape up here in the great white north it would go for an easy 12k if no rust underneath. I wouldn't pay over $6K so I'd never get a chance to own it.

In that shape up here in the great white north it would go for an easy 12k if no rust underneath. I wouldn't pay over $6K so I'd never get a chance to own it.

12k CAD is about 9500 USD, give or take. That's a lot more reasonable than the current asking price, although it's still too high for my tastes.

Then again, I scored my Barracuda for under $4000, so I guess I'm a tightwad.

I only paid 11k for my completely restored '69 Fastback Barracuda. 318 Auto, PS, Console shifter, no rust ever. It was a little over 2 years ago but still!!! It came with all receipts for the complete engine and trans overhaul and receipts for all parts used to restore (carpets, headliner, etc, etc, etc.). The guy had over 24K in receipts. It still run like a top!!!

Treblig

Attachments

• DSC01623.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 301
  • DSC01628.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 302
With the price of oil, we will probably be seeing some good deals coming up soon. Guys needing to pay mortgage versus keeping toys. Hopefully mine don't end up for sale :-O

So do you just get a registration from the bmv to prove ownership? Do they require a notary stamp? I believe all BMV's are brutal even over the smallest typo.
I bought a barracuda from Illinois once with one letter of the vin errored on the title. I went thru hell and about 150. extra to get it corrected here in Indiana.

Nope. No notary required. Bill of sale is all that's required to prove ownership. But as I said, say I bought an old car from you and you had a title. I could apply for and get a title in Georgia. If you did not, all I need is a bill of sale from you. A title is not required in Georgia.....I think on like 85 and older. In fact, if you have a title and want to apply for one in your name, they give you the whole "A title isn't required on that car" speech hoping to avoid the paper work.

Bargains or what some would consider reasonable prices are still out there for the educated consumer. I suspect a lot of members here like to do their own work for obvious reasons so we don't like to overpay for cars. 16K does seem steep in that condition to me but if he gets it more power to them.Worst that can happen is it doesn't sell and he holds out or reduces the price. If I was looking for that particular model in that condition I'd offer about 3500$ Tops.

While not numbers matching anymore my now running 440 powered 340S 69' Cuda should be worth about 40K compared to his.......but I'd probably be lucky to get 15-20K for it.

Attachments

• 2015-03-11 12.51.02.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 276
Bill of sale only?! "Doesn't need title" WTF kind of bullsh!t is that. It's a cool car but I wouldn't spend $16k on something with no title. Even if it did had one I'd be all in at like $5,000.

Georgia does not require a title on cars that old. High dollar cars trade hands in this state all the time. Although I think his price is a bit high, the car's clearly not a POS.

Georgia does not require a title on cars that old. High dollar cars trade hands in this state all the time. Although I think his price is a bit high, the car's clearly not a POS.

Yea,
And I think someone should introduce legislation about getting titles available for old cars here.
I know other states do it. I've done it other places.
And with the systems we have it shouldn't be a problem.
We pull them out of the weeds and save them. Then we have all this drama about titles on forums.
I'm guessing most of "us" wouldn't mind the extra expense and "peace of mind" that would come with it. And it would be revenue for the state.
Your opinion may differ.

Yea,
And I think someone should introduce legislation about getting titles available for old cars here.
I know other states do it. I've done it other places.
And with the systems we have it shouldn't be a problem.
We pull them out of the weeds and save them. Then we have all this drama about titles on forums.
I'm guessing most of "us" wouldn't mind the extra expense and "peace of mind" that would come with it. And it would be revenue for the state.
Your opinion may differ.

No I'm with ya. I wish we could get titles too, because in the end, guess what? If someone comes up with a title for a car you now have in Georgia, they can and will most likely end up with the car if they want to pursue it enough.

-
Back