sob's scammed my mom today for 46 hun..........

-

hollywood hig

King of the assklowns
Reaction score
if i knew who these bastards were they'd be dead and i'd be in jail.

sorry for venting, but i just can't seem to understand how some lowlife piece of **** can take advantage of an 84 year old woman. i wish i could do something...........but there is nothing that i can do......

my mom called and said that my nephew called from mexico, and he was in trouble (obviously not my nephew) and needed money. somehow they persuaded her not to call anyone about this and she sent them 2500 bucks............and then even called back for more cash.........ending up that she lost 4600 dollars!! mfkrs!!!

i am so pissed right now........that someone violated my mom, took half her savings and there's is absoulutely nothing i can do about it.

so.......please talk to your moms, or grandma's or any of the elderly that u know.... tell them that if someone......anyone........whether they know them or not, calls being in trouble and needs money, and especially tries to persuade them not to call anyone about this, that's A BIG RED FLAG, and they should call another family member immediately!

i also told her not to answer the phone if she doesn't know who it is that is calling...........

somehow i feel like this is my fault..............fkn' theivin scum.........
higgs

This is very sad to hear, those scumbags.....would be nice to meet them in a dark alley way.....hope they get what's coming to them.

I feel you and your Mom's pain. Mine's 75 and I preach to her constantly to be on the lookout for this ****. She's the giving/worrying type that can fall prey to these things also. It sucks!!! I have been fortunate that she's called me a few times to ask my opinion on some things before doing something screwy.

hollywood, it might be time to convince your mom to use a little "oversight" into her finances. Any of your family live close by?

Maybe have someone she trusts to pay the "big bills" and establish some sort of allowance account so that if it gets robbed, she wont' lose much.

That's enough money to rip somebody's guts out for.

That sucks.... It is a pretty common scam. Sorry ......

i know it is..........herd about it a year ago........my mom is usually sharper than this.........i don't know, she's been having trouble with her hearing aids lately, she told me she thought it was andy......(my nephew)......i dunno know....dammit

I took total control of moms money because of people like that.
My mom was taken for way more then that.
You have to step in! There are good people then there are the people with
NO Conscience, They are the evil ones. They are around us.
Just like the Boston Bombings, They don't care.
I can go on but it will make me angry and I can not be angry no more.

Darryl

hollywood, it might be time to convince your mom to use a little "oversight" into her finances. Any of your family live close by?

Maybe have someone she trusts to pay the "big bills" and establish some sort of allowance account so that if it gets robbed, she wont' lose much.

u could be right, on the other hand right now, i don't want to insult her intelligence either.........i know she was shakin and probably more embarressed than anything, she almost acted like "oh well".

she usually pretty sharp on things.....just don't understand what happened.

it could be time, to move forward with something like that, thanks for the advice 67.........
higgs

Can you trace where she sent the money? How did she send it? Any possible way the way she sent might help recover? Most companies want to help stop this.

Sorry to hear that i had a pretty similar situation where some had hijacked my email account and got my contacts and told them i was stranded in England and could they send some funds so i could get home.I had people ringing me to ask how whats going on are you ok and i notified every one on my email contacts telling them it was a scam.We tried tracing it through there ip address and ended up some where in Chicago,but in the end i was told there was no way of doing any thing due to being in another country.They are a bunch of Arse wipes! and prey on anyone.Easy Money to them.

They have tried the same thing on my Mom. Only he was arrested in Canada and they found drugs in the car he was riding in. Luckily my Mom told them to call me for the bond money. Of course they never called.

We watched a movie last night titled Robot and Frank. It is a good example of how an elderly mind can come and go. Their medications can cause the swings too.
A few months ago I suggested to my brother that we have a heart to heart with mom and pop. He doesn't agree there is a need.
It's sad that these things happen but... The Lord moves in mysterious ways. Rest assured that this thread will inspire conversations in many families.
Best wishes to you and yours, and everyone else too.

I am sorry that this happened to your mom. The best thing that can be done is to try to educate others.

I have a friend that got this scam in an email. She has little money and was calling everyone to have a fundraiser to help. She had already collected about $2000 total from other senior citizens they were both friends with before she called me. I told her to hang tight, I drove over to the stranded guy's house and had him call her. She couldn't believe such a thing could happen.

whoever did this will get theirs ....Karma is a lot bigger and stronger than any of us and when it strikes payback ...i wouldnt want to be there.

even though hearing of this scam really angers me .......the good thing is that your mom is ok.....no one tried to harm her physically ....its just money, not health or something more valuable.

it still hurts, but money comes and goes......at least she is unharmed and still has her loving son near by. .....what more can a mature lady ask for. every girl wants a strong loving son to help her in her old age.

i dont have much money myself but if she needs some i will share with her.

My cable has been down here at home and I just seen this thread hollywood
This is sad to see first thing man, I hope you get her to a ear dr and get her hearing aids fixed soon. These kind of scum people need to be caught and put away :banghead: How did she send the money ?? There might be a trail to where it went and who got it.......:glasses3:........ I wish I could be the one to grab this SSOAB :violent1:
excuse my language but this is terrible :(

A telemarketer tried pulling a quick one on my mom once.. I had answered the phone and they asked for my mother. I asked who it was and they said there were selling something so I got my mom on the phone, but I didn't hang up. As i listened this person was sweet talking to her about some product or another and to my mom's credit she said that she really couldn't afford this thing. Then that scum... ah, person asked if she had a credit car and to just charge it! That's when I jumped in and tore that person a new one! They didn't know what hit them. After i was done with them I went and talked to my mom again and told her when someone calls trying to sell you something just say I'm not interested and hang up, don't let them start talking to you. The problem was that she was not the type of person who couldn't hang up on people. Luckily she never got taken but it was a constant worry for me. As for me I never let them get started. If they're lucky they will get a not interested out of me. most of the time all they get is silence!

thanks to all u guys for your advice, suggestions and support, really means alot to me.

it ends up that the scam was done out of haiti, the police, bank, walmart, (that's where she sent the money from) my brothers, (5 of them) are all involved.......so we will see what happens........the good thing is my mom inspite of all this is in good spirits, and has told me she has learned a hard lesson. she realizes the red flags now, but was in a talespin thinking that andy was in trouble, and made some bad decisions..........like i said she's pretty sharp usually, and is suprised at her decisions after thinking this over.

my other brother does have a joint account with her, but there are no limitations as to how much u can draw out of the account, or that the other person has to be notified.......u can bet that will change.

thanks for the support guys, and oh, memike, just so u know, she said her hearing aids are working perfectly fine, and were also working fine the day of this tragedy.

the support here has been tremendous, thanks again, and sorry for the delay in responding, this kind of left me speechless with a tear in my eye......

so please, please forwarn your elderly loved ones, there's alot of bad people out there, and a plan of attack for something like this would be in order......
thanks again fabo members.....
higgs

-
Back