Son is on his way home with this........

-
The rustang was faster.

I kept my 2012 Challenger rt 6-speed until the warranty ran out.
Traded it in on a new truck, nice car decent mileage, but it needed a set of tires every oil change.
I traded it in with 18,000 miles on it, but when you added tires and brakes with every oil change, it was a stupid expensive car for a toy.
And insurance was $1500 a year full coverage, and I have a clean driving record, insurance on the 1 ton truck I bought is $500 a year.
WowI how old are you? and rear tires, or all four?
An alignment helped our tire wear, previous set only lasted about 30k

1FF9080C-E289-4109-865A-D623EC4F406C.jpeg
The new challengers are great cars, classic lines, great power and they have decent leg room in all 4 seats. I have owned 2 myself a 2011 392 and now a 2017 hellcat (both 6 speed manuals). The 5.7 Hemi in the new challenger will have a nice horsepower and torque bump over the 07 GT, the 4.6 in the mustang made maybe 300 hp at best.

View attachment 1715287385 The new challengers are great cars, classic lines, great power and they have decent leg room in all 4 seats. I have owned 2 myself a 2011 392 and now a 2017 hellcat (both 6 speed manuals). The 5.7 Hemi in the new challenger will have a nice horsepower and torque bump over the 07 GT, the 4.6 in the mustang made maybe 300 hp at best.
Now that is sharp! Those hellcats look so good. I just hate the name lol idk why "hell cat" just sounds so stupid and meaningless to me. I guess thats probably how alot felt in the 70s when the demon came out idk lol

Yea that is pretty. That is what I want someday.
I agree on the mustang being faster but they dont look nearly as nice and I will take looks over 4 tenths of a second all day every day!

Think the fords are faster overall ? think again, look up who won the nhra manufacturers world championship . The nhra even added 25 pounds to the challenger, and took 25 off the mustang and camaro ! The challenger still won---------
Those "fender stripes" are called war paint. I have one war paint stripe on my 68 fastback.

Now that is sharp! Those hellcats look so good. I just hate the name lol idk why "hell cat" just sounds so stupid and meaningless to me. I guess thats probably how alot felt in the 70s when the demon came out idk lol

i always refer to them as hello kitties

WowI how old are you? and rear tires, or all four?
An alignment helped our tire wear, previous set only lasted about 30k

I am in my early 50’s
All four tires.
Alignment was fine, it was only drove on two lane twisty roads to work and back.

Yea that is pretty. That is what I want someday.
I agree on the mustang being faster but they dont look nearly as nice and I will take looks over 4 tenths of a second all day every day!
Depends on what you are comparing.
  • If his '07 4.6 'stang he just sold was stock (300 hp), this R/T with the 8 speed tranny would have no problem with it. But the full Flowmaster exhaust, CIA, and tune probably had his GT up to around 340 hp. Again, on these particular cars, I'm sure it won't take long to find out. LOL.
  • IF you are talking what's faster now, new? I don't think Mustang offers anything that will beat the Redeye. Next in line would be the Hellcat. Then the Scat Pak. Finally the R/T, before the V6. Just say'n...

Yea that is a good point. I was think more like a 5.0 vs r/t! The redeye is one bad car. I saw one on jay lenos garage.

Depends on what you are comparing.
  • If his '07 4.6 'stang he just sold was stock (300 hp), this R/T with the 8 speed tranny would have no problem with it. But the full Flowmaster exhaust, CIA, and tune probably had his GT up to around 340 hp. Again, on these particular cars, I'm sure it won't take long to find out. LOL.
  • IF you are talking what's faster now, new? I don't think Mustang offers anything that will beat the Redeye. Next in line would be the Hellcat. Then the Scat Pak. Finally the R/T, before the V6. Just say'n...
I hope he was kind and also tossed in the paper bags needed to drive the Mustang?

LOL. help me out..... to puke in? Cover your head in shame?? LOL ???
Yes! Actually two bags in case one falls off of you and your friends see you driving it! That's totally cool now your son doesn't have to talk you into making one of your cars be able to get out of its own way! I can hardly wait to see him Burn Rubber all over ya!!!

You better go take a hard look at the front of this car it'll probably be the only time you do LOL

You better go take a hard look at the front of this car it'll probably be the only time you do LOL
maybe...…… LOL.
My son-in-law tried to take my 318 Duster with his '06 350Z. He got a load of pipes! LOL.... He did hang on my back quarter, right where the pipes were yelling in his ears :D

350z has been sold, he now owns the 'stang, a much faster car

maybe...…… LOL.
My son-in-law tried to take my 318 Duster with his '06 350Z. He got a load of pipes! LOL.... He did hang on my back quarter, right where the pipes were yelling in his ears :D

350z has been sold, he now owns the 'stang, a much faster car
^^^^ Don't mess with Pappy..... LOL

Very sorry to hear this, I think I'd try another insurance co.
And I'd certainly miss the R/T on my ride to work!
Agree, my son is just a teenager yet and I think his is cheaper than what sireland quoted,

Agree, my son is just a teenager yet and I think his is cheaper than what sireland quoted,

I kept full coverage on mine, after it was paid for, with a higher payout than what is required by law.
I also still have full coverage on my old 03 wrangler, because it is the one vehicle that gets driven in bad weather every day.
My new truck is paid for, and I am keeping full coverage on it, it only has 6,000 miles on it, and I use it for a truck so anything could happen to it.

• If his '07 4.6 'stang he just sold was stock (300 hp), this R/T with the 8 speed tranny would have no problem with it. But the full Flowmaster exhaust, CIA, and tune probably had his GT up to around 340 hp. Again, on these particular cars, I'm sure it won't take long to find out.
Surprised the flowmaster exhaust is considered a power upgrade. Their mufflers are not known for an increase in flow or power. The internal design has been shown to actually hurt flow compared to most aftermarket and even many stock mufflers.

I will say they do sound good on most cars though.

-
Back