Sox & Martin Headlights

-

blewbyoutobad

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Made these for my 69 Dart. Hope I never have to drive at night.

KIMG1905a.JPG

KIMG0527.jpg

I can do them in different colors. and it took a while to figure out. If I tell everyone will be doing it. I will have to swear you to the secret society of Mopars.

You just gave your method away. No need to tell us now. Thanks for the idea.

I could guess a form of heat is applied. And I could probably use something in the kitchen to do it.

I used a heat gun on lowest setting and went real slow. It took about 30 minutes. Be real patient and start in the middle. Heat just a small area and work your way out. I used an outdoor product that is supposed to last. Good luck

The Krylon "anodize" spray paint works good to. When it starts to flake away, steel wool it and start over.

The BMW guys use stained glass spray paint. It works pretty well from what I've seen. The French models had a yellow lense and guys like to replicate that for some reason.

There is also Lamin X. It's a colored film intended for covering headlights. Nothing groundbreaking or secret. They'll look good on your car!

These yellow ones I had in my Belvedere were schoolbus caution lights I bought from the truck and bus fleet supply house. They were industrial as all get out, but fit right into the retainer ring!

D20DA9E4-3F6C-4A5E-B85B-CAFC340AB911.jpeg

These yellow ones I had in my Belvedere were schoolbus caution lights I bought from the truck and bus fleet supply house. They were industrial as all get out, but fit right into the retainer ring!

View attachment 1715197826
I always thot the blue lights were kick ***, just as everything Sox-Martin did ! But I think there is a stipulation that only emergency/police vehicles have blue lights on the front of them, "street cars
anyway."

It is not a shrink film. My wife has a Cricut that cuts vinyl for projects. I found this transparent vinyl for outdoor use. I had to slightly heat it to get it to wrap around the curves. It takes some patience but comes out nice. Cricut Vinyl, Vinyl for Cricut, Vinyl for Cricut, Where to Buy Vinyl for Cameo Machines | CraftVinyl.com There are so many choices in other patterns and colors its amazing. Camo, chrome, engine turn. They also have a heat transferable, but I think that's for T Shirts or material. If anyone experiments please post pictures for the rest of us.

Oh cool yea I know exactly what your talking about my wife has a cricut too! It's a pretty cool machine! Thanks for the idea! I was wondering if it was shrink film cause i work in the shrink film industry I make tons of it literally everyday!

The BMW guys use stained glass spray paint. It works pretty well from what I've seen. The French models had a yellow lense and guys like to replicate that for some reason.

There is also Lamin X. It's a colored film intended for covering headlights. Nothing groundbreaking or secret. They'll look good on your car!
Here's the link for Lamin X View examples of Blue Lamin-x headlight film covers. Thanks 1994 redram

I think the Lamin X is better for street cause you can stay out after curfew (dark). If for show or drag racing the darker color may be desired. The Lamin X are lighter but then I saw some pics of Sox & Martin cars with a lighter blue.

-
Back