spark plug ?

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
I'm hopefully getting my stroker 360 back from the machine shop this week and I think I have all the parts together but I'm not sure what I'm going to use? there are so many, I just usually use the cheapest NGK copper core and they seemed to work fine.

That's the most short answer I've got from you ? I'm sure that the spark plug question has been asked by many i have trouble finding old threads.

In order for there to be an answer, there must first be a question. There was none.

But how can anyone recommend a spark plug based on the given information?

Generic question needs a generic answer, so I'll do it.

You really can't go wrong with NGK plugs of the correct heat range for your engine build.
Yes, this is my oppinion, but considering that NGK makes plugs for a ton of the other brands anyway and I have always had good luck with them I trust thier quality.
I don't mean that I just never had a problem with them, but have had problems with other plugs that changing to NGK fixed.

There. :)

I prefer the NGK V-power plugs myself. I started with a stock plug for a standard engine and the car didnt like that to much. I ended up going 1 heat range hotter, car so far is happy.

I think its going to be a trial and error thing for you.

I prefer the NGK V-power plugs myself. I started with a stock plug for a standard engine and the car didnt like that to much. I ended up going 1 heat range hotter, car so far is happy.

I think its going to be a trial and error thing for you.

I use the V-Power plugs myself and they are as good as any other NGK in my oppinion.
The sales pitch for V power is that the spark is out in the open a little bit more because the V forces the spark to go to one side or the other of the ground leg.
Probably 99% snake oil and 1% difference it makes anyway, but what the heck.
At least I don't fall for thinking that the V is going to add 10hp, or 5, or even 1.
:D
It's pretty much just a sales gimmick. (Still good plugs though)

I like the kind that spark. Is that generic enough?

I use the V-Power plugs myself and they are as good as any other NGK in my oppinion.
The sales pitch for V power is that the spark is out in the open a little bit more because the V forces the spark to go to one side or the other of the ground leg.
Probably 99% snake oil and 1% difference it makes anyway, but what the heck.
At least I don't fall for thinking that the V is going to add 10hp, or 5, or even 1.
:D
It's pretty much just a sales gimmick. (Still good plugs though)

I agree, with ya Greg. I honestly didnt even think to ask for a regular NGK plug. Pretty sure that is just what they brought out from behind the counter and they work good for my application.

It was a good thing you didnt fall for that 10hp spiel. Its really 15hp, but only if I have it connected to the carburetor plate and the bolt on weight reduction kit.

Triple-R here's the specs again I'm just looking for a starting point with the plugs and somewhere to work from?
×2 600 cfm edelbrocks tunnel ram, 596heads (home porting- smoothing exhaust ports/ opening under all seats just a little bit- not getting carried away here I'm a first timer) then back to the shop for valve job-1.60/1.88 . Solid cam (regrind) cam- duration@ .50 - 259/267 lift gross 546/566 lash .026/.028 lob sep. 104/110
Av. 107. 273 rockers. 360 block, scat stroker (cast) crank, scat I-beams, icon forged flat tops - 10.8 : 1 with 70cc heads.*

Of course this will be in my 73*duster
gutted
4 speedm
355 sure grip
26 in street slicks

-
Back