Sport Mirror installation question

-

demon34071

FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am installing a set of mirrors on my demon (sport racing mirrors)... Passenger side, piece of cake. Bolt it on and your done. So I figured the drivers side would be just as easy... Yes & No...

It bolted right in and the remote lever and bezel went right in. I roll the window down and the cables get hung up on the glass. So I pull the bezel and take another look. On the remote cables there is a plastic push in anchor connector. But I have no clue where it pushes into on the door in order to hold the cables out of the way of the glass.

Any help or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

There should be a threaded hole in the front door frame for the bolt in cable guide. (may depend on model year)

if it is still there, pass the adjuster end through the big hole in the bracket.

This is on 75 Duster. Push into hole in front of door to hold cables across top and down front.

2016-07-17 21.32.33.jpg

Does that hole go through the exterior of the door? (into the front jamb) or is it in the bracing? I have felt up inside the door and can't find a hole anywhere nor is there any bracing that I can feel... mine is on a 71 demon, so no open top door frames like on a 75..

A few more details... the lowest point of the cable is clipped to the top of the square hole before it goes up to the control. And what it looks like inside the door. The shield should be on this last section in case the glass rubs it.

2016-07-17 22.00.32.jpg

2016-07-17 22.01.40.jpg

Last edited:
I appreciate the extra pics... but they don't help for a Demon as I originally asked. The Demon remote is up in the metal top frame of the door... not in the door panel like on your 75 Duster..

Can anyone else chime in on a Demon installation. Thx

Does that hole go through the exterior of the door? (into the front jamb) or is it in the bracing? I have felt up inside the door and can't find a hole anywhere nor is there any bracing that I can feel... mine is on a 71 demon, so no open top door frames like on a 75..
No, it does not go through.

Zxk14- I just installed mirrors on my 74 Duster and you helped me. Yea Demon looks different

Zxk14- I just installed mirrors on my 74 Duster and you helped me. Yea Demon looks different
Glad it helped someone...I knew it would not be same as Demon cause it's pre 73 when the whole guts of the door changed. As for the position inside the door, it looks like its only off a few inches max. It still needs to route around front of glass. Hopefully someone puts up some pics of Demon, or at least something 70-72 without a vent window. I'm interested to see difference myself.

Last edited:
So I have done a bunch of good searches and have still come up with nothing on how to mount the mirror cable on a Dodge Demon door. Can anyone WITH A DODGE DEMON shed some light on this for me? Thanks

70-71 Demon and Duster doors should be the same. I had a bracket inside the door that tamed the cables but, for the life of me, could not find the attachment point again upon reassembly. I ended up zip-tieing them to the forward structure and it works fine and has never presented an issue.

mirrorcablebracket.jpg
Remote Control Mirror drawings - sm.jpg

Thanks a bunch! That schematic held a bunch. Not I just have to see if my door is missing something or my mirrors are missing clips.. THANK YOU !

-
Back