Sports Illustrated is Done

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
I just saw that Sports Illustrated laid off all employees. It’s a perfect example of what happens when a company abandons its principles and goes against what its customers want. When will they learn. If you become popular and successful to a specific fan base, don’t stab them in the back and expect their continued support. I realize that everything you see on TV and the internet isn’t always true, but I’ve seen this in several places. This has happened on several car shows I used to watch. They started out focusing on showing the actual work on cars and eventually became 30 or 60 minutes of slap as interpersonal BS or product endorsement.

Victoria's Secret also shifted the customer base to things most people dont want to see........

Last edited:
I'm not a huge sports guy but i don't care who it is. If you sell a product, and you start pushing ideologies (no matter what they are), I'm not buying that product.

Pimp your wares based on your wares' value, not your social ***-kissing.

If your wares are entertainment (i.e. sports), remember, I turn to that stuff to get away from political/social trash.

The only car magazine left is HotRod. The rest on online. Myself, I like the old fashion catalog

part of the problem is the market segment of print media is dying off, figuratively and literally.

the other part of the problem is PE firms buying up the IP of companies, gutting them for parts, wringing the husk for every last dime, and then: utilize, monetize andddd pivot to video.

SI has long been dead, that's not to say that the people there weren't still putting out great journalism-- it's that the people who should care about journalism, owners, only care about money. they see no value in "mission statement", historical record, or integrity. when it became who owned the "rights" to publish as SI, it signaled the beginning of the end.

The only car magazine left is HotRod. The rest on online. Myself, I like the old fashion catalog
This is why we need the thumbsdown or red X.

Enjoy. It's much better than HotRod and you can still flip pages on the toilet.

-
Back