Spring relocation.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ddint get home from work in time to do anything today but the front hanger boxes are welded in.

Tomarrow I should be off from work cause of rain so I'll get the spring perches welded on and the rear back in.

Got lots done toaday but I forgot the camera. :cry:

Got the rear back in the car to figure out were the spring seats needed to be. Marked them and took some measure ments.

Pulled the rear back out and welded the perches on. I decided to leave the old ones in place. They arent in the way of anything, Why spend and hour cutting threw the welds.

Got the rear back in the car bolted on the tires and rlet it down for the first time.

325-50-15s fit perfect. Couldt go any bigger if I wanted to with out mini tubbing it.

Next I welded up the trunk floor and cut the hole for the fuel cell sump.

I'll get more pictures when I go back on Thursday.

The relocation actually moved my springs over 3.5"
With my 325-50s wich are 28X10.5" tread width and a 13.1" section width I still have 2.5" of clearance between the side wall and spring.

Im willing to bet with the correct rim and a full wheel tub to the frame rail I could get a 14" tread width in it. :shock:

Well I havent had the chance to play with the car in the last few day. My Mother was in the hostpital yesterday, she Ok now and home resting and today I was lucky enough to get to work till 6 in the pouring rain.

Hopefully tomarrow I'll get a chance to go to the shop and get some more done and take a few more pics with the tires on the car. Im so close to being done just need a good day to finish. Saterday Im going to Lebanon Valleys Mopar day and sunday Im stuck helping my sister move. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back