steering column shaft?

-

donsa

Reaction score
will a three in the tree manual column shaft work to convert a powersteering automatic column to a manual box?

will a three in the tree manual column shaft work to convert a powersteering automatic column to a manual box?

Yes it will, There is only 2 lenghts of shafts. You will just loose the auto matic shift, so you will have to have a floor shift for your auto.

not sure about switching the manual column for the auto on the column . Hope some one smarter than me knows bud

A manual shaft is a manual shaft on the early a's I don;t know the year your working with but if you want to change your auto column that has power steering
you will need the manual(don't care if it's manual on column or floor shift) shaft, the steering box and coupler (i would rebuild it just cause). On some models(years) you need the pitman arm for the manual box also. there might be more since I haven't mounted the column to the firewall yet. I went the other way for myself (lazy and fat tires= too much work parking/slow)

-
Back