Steering shakes and pulls left when braking??????

-
When you say adjusting, do you mean the right torque?
As TrailBeast said. It is detailed in the factory or Haynes manuals, and same for most older cars.

My driver's side failed 500 miles after having both bearings replaced on both sides. The passenger's side failed 4 years later. I watched the mechanic do it and he seemed to have changed the races and tightened the spindle nuts correctly. Maybe he should have washed the hub w/ gasoline so no grease left between the race and hub to let them spin. I wouldn't change the bearings unless absolutely necessary, and would consider leaving the existing races in if they look OK (no pits or scores).

Did your races spin in the hub? and is that what wiped out?
I have seen loose hubs that a bearing race spun in, and I use a pointed punch where the race seats to peen every 1/4 inch or so all the way around the surface to make raised spots that hold the race tighter, then red locktite the race in there.
Worked every time.

As TrailBeast said. It is detailed in the factory or Haynes manuals, and same for most older cars.

My driver's side failed 500 miles after having both bearings replaced on both sides. The passenger's side failed 4 years later. I watched the mechanic do it and he seemed to have changed the races and tightened the spindle nuts correctly. Maybe he should have washed the hub w/ gasoline so no grease left between the race and hub to let them spin. I wouldn't change the bearings unless absolutely necessary, and would consider leaving the existing races in if they look OK (no pits or scores).

-
Back