Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Heyyyyyy

Spent the day wire wheeling the dash for the dart. Trying to decide if I wanna paint it body color or black
You cant paint it black. Thats what im painting mine.
Satin black.edit: trim black. Its a paint the body shop uses.
And my trashed bumpers are either plasti-dip black or hammertone black.

Shiny dash reflects on windshield. Makes a glare. Hard to read gauges.
Don't look at the gages during the run (unless there's a reason to give it up).
That said - I totally agree with you guys. I hate glare. I hate reflections on the windshield.

Got the alternator back together. Of course is didn't go smoothly. :rolleyes:
Check the Wagoneer's hub noise. Its not the universal joint, so I'll have to pull the hub and look. Maybe spindle bearing, maybe something broke or is loose in the hub (always engaged type). First the repaired alternator needs to go in the car to increase the reliability odds.

Took the Duster to her first coffee and cars show this morning. Lots of positive comments from folks. Evidently there is a beat up old survivor car following. Probably a 100 or so cars and we had the only a-body. The wife even made a couple friends, fellow car widow’s :lol:
A lot of really nice cars. Didn’t get a chance to get any pics. Looking forward to future cruise ins.

It has been a family tradition going back to when my wife was a kid to have big jigsaw puzzles (750-1000 pcs) working all winter long. It’s a good way to spend time together and just talk without the noise of everyday life plus it helps to pass the time during the cold weather months. We usually do about 4 or 5 over the course of the season, a few hours at a time usually on Sundays.

We are finishing up the last one of this winter now.

5DABCB9D-8E15-4B4B-BFD9-9E107E55C7A2.jpeg

Kyle Busch wins another one. Damn that guy is good. I think he likes to get a pit road speeding penalty just so he can drive through the crowd and win the race. LOL

Got the alternator back together. Of course is didn't go smoothly. :rolleyes:
Tightened the housing bolts to spec (Yes, with torque wrench. :p) and the rotor wouldn't turn.
confused-gif.gif

It worked before and the only things I changed were the stator and the pulley. Couldn't be the first, and after staring out the illustrations and the spares over a cup of tea, I tried loosening the pulley. Nope. Take it apart to put press the pulley back down and it frees up.

Notice something different about the rear bearings? Two things actually.
upload_2019-3-17_19-39-37.png

The center of the squareback's bearing is blue from heat, and its flush with the casting. H'mmm. So the rotor shaft must have been just so lightly touching before because the bearing wasn't pressed to the right depth
...and...oops I forgot...
The other thing I had changed was installing the missing grease shield. I took that off one of the dead alternators. I'd say that based on my collection, rebuilders frequently leave them off. :rolleyes:
There was grease residue everywhere.
upload_2019-3-17_19-54-34.png

Here's the grease retainer installed. it added just enough thickness to the assembly as to prevent the rotor from turning easily. Probably a good thing; otherwise I never would have pressed the end bearing outward a 1/16" or so.
upload_2019-3-17_19-58-30.png

yea I know the slip ring is ugly. I cleaned it up pretty good before closing it up.

Had a nice dinner at my best friend’s place. Nice meal, lots of family. Even my son showed up. He’s my buddy this week (needs my car hauler)

Took the Duster to her first coffee and cars show this morning. Lots of positive comments from folks. Evidently there is a beat up old survivor car following. Probably a 100 or so cars and we had the only a-body. The wife even made a couple friends, fellow car widow’s :lol:
A lot of really nice cars. Didn’t get a chance to get any pics. Looking forward to future cruise ins.

xscuseless.gif

DATE TIME MAX HUM DEW WIND
17 Mar 1:51 pm 81 43 26 NW 9 10.00 CLR 29.75 1016.2 30.01

You wanted a pic. Best I could do :lol:

Last edited:
Was up at the grocery earlier and decided I needed some other Irish beer besides my Killians. Got a six of Smithwicks Red Ale. Also got a single 22 of Guinness Extra Stout. Never been my favorite stout, but this actually seems better than I remember. So while I was onto buying beers I normally wouldn't I did something (to the best I can remember) for the first time EVER. I bought Budweiser. :eek:
and it's not bad...

BUD_CLWeb_Collab_Desktop_v3.jpg

-
Back