Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sipping a Bloody Mary on what is the makings of a beautiful day here in north Idaho. A bring your meat/potluck with neighbors later today. I am thinking Old Fashioneds for the eve. Happy Independence Day folks.
I have some V8 in the frig. I wonder how old it is? :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

The ribs are rubbed. Next comes the beans. Bourbon and brown sugar with onions and bacon on the smoker. Why not!

20200704_111226.jpg

20200704_110559.jpg

20200704_111216.jpg

So in light of this great nations Birthday I started early on the adult beverages! Of course shop is hotter than sin and I needed to weld up a couple four bolts, I was wearing flops. If you have ever burned the tops of your feet because you are to lazy to swap to your boots you will understand. In an Ahha moment I donned my PPE.

04E39366-C19D-4C45-BA19-AAF10E8D630D.jpeg

So in light of this great nations Birthday I started early on the adult beverages! Of course shop is hotter than sin and I needed to weld up a couple four bolts, I was wearing flops. If you have ever burned the tops of your feet because you are to lazy to swap to your boots you will understand. In an Ahha moment I donned my PPE.

View attachment 1715556021
:rofl::rofl:

View attachment 1715556021
I would laugh but I have done very similar crap!

Fried Green Tomatoes!!! Pic makes them look darker than they actually are but finally got them just right after years of trying to find the right recipe!

CD337887-28A3-4459-991A-AD8B7EF80A8A.jpeg

Off to meet Ron and Ashlee at the beach... :steering:

I'll catch all of you son of a beaches later.... :D

Fried Green Tomatoes!!! Pic makes them look darker than they actually are but finally got them just right after years of trying to find the right recipe!

View attachment 1715556036
Good stuff. I've done them with just egg and bread crumbs. Also good with some brown sugar in the mix. Don't think my tomatoes are there yet. Maybe another week for the Early Girls. Like to get them as they start to turn. I did see a few grape tomatoes are turning. Picked a zucchini and a yellow squash just now.
The jungle...

5015396F-CC4D-40DE-AF2E-FB6E2BA5FA87.jpeg

It has been years! They look good so far.
I’m the only one in my family who likes them. But yet I don’t like fried zucchini, onion rings, mushrooms etc. and they all do.

years ago, down in St Roberts Missouri, I ate a little mom and pop restaurant where the old lady talked me into trying them. Delicious. Been trying for years to find the right combination of doneness, and flavor. These are the closest ones yet. Freshly ground corn meal in a hand grinder, a tiny bit of salt, some pepper. A tiny bit of Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes.

Good stuff. I've done them with just egg and bread crumbs. Also good with some brown sugar in the mix. Don't think my tomatoes are there yet. Maybe another week for the Early Girls. Like to get them as they start to turn. I did see a few grape tomatoes are turning. Picked a zucchini and a yellow squash just now.
The jungle...

View attachment 1715556054
I experimented a lot this year. I did a traditional garden, raised row companion garden and a handful of flower pot tomatoes, all planted from the same batch on the same day. My raised row ones are probably two weeks ahead of the regular garden and the flower potted ones. The plants look even healthier as well.

I experimented a lot this year. I did a traditional garden, raised row companion garden and a handful of flower pot tomatoes, all planted from the same batch on the same day. My raised row ones are probably two weeks ahead of the regular garden and the flower potted ones. The plants look even healthier as well.
My plants are plenty healthy. Like out of control healthy. LOL Of course now it's going to be less rain, so need to water or these monsters a lot more

Pretty Hot outside here, Supposed to be 90 today. I thought I could get on my lawn cutting and trimming done earlier. But my Viet GF kept me on the phone until noon here, midnight there. Just finished, trying to cool down now. No Beer for me for a week or so, until I get to Carlisle. Then its on again.....:thumbsup:

Pretty Hot outside here, Supposed to be 90 today. I thought I could get on my lawn cutting and trimming done earlier. But my Viet GF kept me on the phone until noon here, midnight there. Just finished, trying to cool down now. No Beer for me for a week or so, until I get to Carlisle. Then its on again.....:thumbsup:
Finished the first coat of wax on the Duster earlier. Then did a little weeding in the garden. I was melting in the heat. Came in to cool off. Had a couple hot dogs and a beer. Think I will head out and do a little engine bay detailing, vacuum the carpet..

-
Back