Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I used to wear Red Wing boots in the warehouse that I worked in, but my Caterpillar boots that I used as a temp lasted longer and were more comfortable than the Red Wings boots... They used to give us vouchers every year to get new Red Wing boots...
I had a couple pairs of RW. Originally got cause I thought they were US made- not! Good boots, but when the last one was getting a bit worn, I switched back to a pair of Timberlands that were In my closet barely used. They were comfortable and lasted quite a while(still useable) For the price diff, it didn’t make sense to get RW again. So recently got another of same Timberland. All made in China anyway...

I am taking a break from fancy schmancy medical training course. My brain is fried. I have been at it a solid five straight hours. It is a blended course part hands on part web based. We all test out in about two weeks. As a firearms instructor we figure if we are going to teach folks how to hurt we best also teach them how to heal. I about howled a bit ago as we had to discuss snake bites. Emphasis on donning your PPE. I am thinking you are addressing a bunch of gun toting relatively expert marksman. Gonna be a dead snake with this crowd as they utilize their PPE!

The Lone Ranger stopped along a trail to take a leak... While he was relieving himself, a rattle snake bit him on the johnson...

He told Tonto to go into town and get a doctor...

Tonto went into town and found a doctor and explained the situation... The doctor said that you have to suck the poison out of the snake bite...

Tonto went back and the Lone Ranger asked Tonto what the doctor said...

Tonto replied, "You're gonna die"....

I had a couple pairs of RW. Originally got cause I thought they were US made- not! Good boots, but when the last one was getting a bit worn, I switched back to a pair of Timberlands that were In my closet barely used. They were comfortable and lasted quite a while(still useable) For the price diff, it didn’t make sense to get RW again. So recently got another of same Timberland. All made in China anyway...

However if you have Red Wings boots, they will replace the laces for free if they break and for $30 they will recondition them and put a new inner sole in to revive them again...

At least they provide good service... :thumbsup:

All caught up, how is everyone doing?? Have to work on the brakes on my car trailer, might need new stuff......Has a handle you engage to keep wheels from rolling when tilting the deck, it sticks.....PITA to get released....

I tried to help the younger boy fix his trailer lights and the wire that they used on the LED lights that we installed is junk... Small gauge and just crumbles when you try to carve the insulation off, and breaks when I use the automatic strippers... :BangHead:

I told him don't drive in the dark, it's not worth rewiring the whole trailer as it has lots of wear and tear....

I Wish...In fact I wish I hadn't taken this job........Must go buy BEER....

beer.gif

I'm on day 8 with a small package from NC. No updates USPS in four days. Yet another one sent Monday from Boston is going to be here tomorrow.

Call/contact them and have someone call you...

When one of my shipments was late and "fell of the radar for three days" I contacted them and told them that I was concerned that it's lost in their facility...

They posted update later that day and it arrived two days later...

Sometimes you need to push it through... I told them if I waited too long to contact them, it could have gotten more lost than if it just fell off a conveyor and they didn't catch it... That way they can send someone to look for it...

Dinner is done and eaten...

Here it is "in process".... Atlantic salmon and fresh corn from the local farm stand, just picked within the last 24 hours... So fresh and crispy, mmmmmmmm....

DSC04241 B.JPG

DSC04239 B.JPG

We drove by Don's Hot Dogs today on the way to the farm stand and snapped some pictures... Damn...

That fire the other day really wrecked the place...

DSC04233 B.JPG

DSC04236 B.JPG

Maybe I should call on the open position...

DSC04238 B.JPG

Last edited:
The younger boy is packing up tonight so he can get an early start for NC tomorrow... :(

Hopefully his school won't have face to face classes and do online, then he can come back for a while more...
drinks.gif

Where did everybody go???

There's only one post on this page that isn't me...

That's what happens when you all abandon me and leave me alone in the coffee shop...

Did somebody fart in the coffee shop while I was gone and empty it out???

I liked my timberland boots until i did some welding and a few sparks burned through the tongue. From then on, solid leather tongue. Switched to Terras and i doubt i will switch.

I liked my timberland boots until i did some welding and a few sparks burned through the tongue. From then on, solid leather tongue. Switched to Terras and i doubt i will switch.
the RW boots have a nice steel shank, this is needed using "climbing gaffs". Your feet will die without this.........like these
61SLVF%2BmQML._AC_SL1000_.jpg

-
Back