Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So didnt accomplish much. Cut bed floor boards, and ripped them to length. Looked at planer blades, look pretty hammered. Found a set online and ordered them. In the meantime i figured i would touch up the old ones.
Quite a task. Hours of lapping.

So I got some really great news today!!! Lifted my spirits some. The 2021 Guard schedule was sent out today and as of right now,I have the entire month of July off!!! Meaning, Carlisle for me is a GO!!! I may need to reserve a spot and try dragging the Polara over (yeah right)

He showed up super late Saturday. Basically after the monsoon. Rolled in kind of right behind Craigs pop up. Just off the access road. I think voting was already done by then. I figured he was one of your members?
Nope. A new car for me.

My Brat-in-law in Phx has decided with a buddy's help to attempt to make some $ at Santa Maria Style BBQ over there in the desert. He is kinda passionate about BBQin'. Took 'n bought this a couple months back.

thumbnail

There is a trailer under that bigass firebox. I'll have to get a more complete photo of it. Around here a lot of those pits have a 6'x8' grill on them. Many are bigger. Crazy kid, God love him. :lol:

My Brat-in-law in Phx has decided with a buddy's help to attempt to make some $ at Santa Maria Style BBQ over there in the desert. He is kinda passionate about BBQin'. Took 'n bought this a couple months back.

thumbnail

There is a trailer under that bigass firebox. I'll have to get a more complete photo of it. Around here a lot of those pits have a 6'x8' grill on them. Many are bigger. Crazy kid, God love him. :lol:
Local guy build big bbq’s. Bulldog BBQ.
has done some pretty elaborate builds.

My buddy Jason text me early in the week “Wrens Cafe 7am Sunday”. I was like ok, what’s up? No reply. So I meet him down there this morning he and a crew from a local car club the Vacavillains were there. After breakfast they asked me if I would accept an invitation to their club. Blown away, they do some great local stuff and a lot of runs all over the state and further. They all have some awesome cars, didn’t see that coming! Very humbled. Glad to be a part of the club.

03025F11-F8D8-4AF6-8D4D-F5AACEFEA8BB.jpeg

EBBDEE7A-D77C-4837-ACF8-EE21C686ECE0.jpeg

ECDEA813-0AE4-45FB-B4CB-867F2DAB77C4.jpeg

1AE29723-07C8-48F7-B913-A2962D4BD39C.jpeg

008E4C47-5CF3-4ACF-8310-F029EB4F737E.jpeg

3BAA7CAB-DB8F-4DAC-AAF5-8B602CD9075E.jpeg

6835C0B2-C7F9-4DC3-AB20-D3712CE42C74.jpeg

B21744AA-CB65-4833-8AA5-FB943A92CF62.jpeg

FFA7B99F-A972-4263-96C6-77232D04E377.jpeg

So didnt accomplish much. Cut bed floor boards, and ripped them to length. Looked at planer blades, look pretty hammered. Found a set online and ordered them. In the meantime i figured i would touch up the old ones.
Quite a task. Hours of lapping.
Haven’t used my planer in a while. Blades are pretty dull, but if I recall correctly they are 2 sides/reversible- and I think the other edge is still new...

My buddy Jason text me early in the week “Wrens Cafe 7am Sunday”. I was like ok, what’s up? No reply. So I meet him down there this morning he and a crew from a local car club the Vacavillains were there. After breakfast they asked me if I would accept an invitation to their club. Blown away, they do some great local stuff and a lot of runs all over the state and further. They all have some awesome cars, didn’t see that coming! Very humbled. Glad to be a part of the club.

View attachment 1715587046

View attachment 1715587047

View attachment 1715587048

View attachment 1715587049

View attachment 1715587050

View attachment 1715587051

View attachment 1715587052

View attachment 1715587053

View attachment 1715587054
Congrats guy, a lot of those clubs are very selective on who they invite. Do us proud!

So I got some really great news today!!! Lifted my spirits some. The 2021 Guard schedule was sent out today and as of right now,I have the entire month of July off!!! Meaning, Carlisle for me is a GO!!! I may need to reserve a spot and try dragging the Polara over (yeah right)
Hey if it works out maybe I'll be able to park my Dodge next to yours??:D

View attachment 1715587046

View attachment 1715587047

View attachment 1715587048

View attachment 1715587049

View attachment 1715587050

View attachment 1715587051

View attachment 1715587052

View attachment 1715587053

View attachment 1715587054
Really KOOL!!

Congrats...wish we had something like that here. :thumbsup:
I just left one. Turned out to be way to much like a wanna be motorcycle club. The wanted our passwords to our social media accounts, emails etc. they stopped short on wanting bank info but f that. They wanted to screen our posts.

Wise choice you made there :thumbsup:
Yeah I think the president went down a rabbit hole and lost his mind. Everything was great the first two-three years than suddenly in June/July, he went on a tangent and like got power crazed or something. Lots left from all over the world.

I just left one. Turned out to be way to much like a wanna be motorcycle club. The wanted our passwords to our social media accounts, emails etc. they stopped short on wanting bank info but f that. They wanted to screen our posts.
These guys don’t have any dues or charges. They just ask you be at cruises, club functions. They host 2 shows a year and that’s what covers costs. Everyone is expected to work the shows. Basically just help fellow members and the local community when you can.

Oh man here we go, now we are gonna have to grease Marks ears to get him Thur the door his head will be so big! Hah! Super congrats guy! Sounds like a cool group.
LOL not likely, I’m like the ugly girl that hung out with the hot ones in high school. I’m there to make everyone else look better!
:rofl:

These guys don’t have any dues or charges. They just ask you be at cruises, club functions. They host 2 shows a year and that’s what covers costs. Everyone is expected to work the shows. Basically just help fellow members and the local community when you can.
Nice!!!

I havent joined the local CC.
All volunteer work, fund raising and doorknocking for food drives.
From what a few nembers mentioned, there is zero car talk at the monthly meetings. Is all about planning and fundraising.

im not against that sort of thing, but it caused a lot of members to leave,and no one wants to join.
Less volunteers, means more work.

-
Back