Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well dang. Will see how this week goes. They closed the road to the port I'm in at 1900 yesterday, so.... supposed to rain through Wednesday maybe into Thursday. We hope they can get the road open by Thursday but you never know. Mother Nature has a mind of her own.

Those exciting days of livin' in the desert and workin' in the LA Basin and wondering if I could get to work on Monday mornings
without having to cross creeks that weren't there the day before :lol:

Not bad, 05 durascrap power steering gear out in an hour. Hour or less back in. As long as them lines go in nice.

Guy just offered me a DeLorean,cheap. says its low mileage, only driven from time to time...:lol:

Steering box done in under 2 hours. Not bad at all. Stuff actually came apart like its supposed to.

Wifemobile (09 Journey) going for inspection tomorrow, so checked brakes. Front pads were getting low, so did them. Rotors weren’t too bad, but was going to pull them off and clean the rust buildup off the edges. Couldn’t move them. So, just did quick cleanup in place.
@Tooljunkie @MOPARMITCH any tricks to getting them off besides beat the F out of them? I did hit one of them pretty good around the edge and between the studs, but didn’t want to kill it since not replacing.

Wifemobile (09 Journey) going for inspection tomorrow, so checked brakes. Front pads were getting low, so did them. Rotors weren’t too bad, but was going to pull them off and clean the rust buildup off the edges. Couldn’t move them. So, just did quick cleanup in place.
@Tooljunkie @MOPARMITCH any tricks to getting them off besides beat the F out of them? I did hit one of them pretty good around the edge and between the studs, but didn’t want to kill it since not replacing.
Water and air hammer with a large blunt face bit. In my opinion the only way. Rotors and drums dont stand a chance with me around. Reusing rotor, mark a stud and the rotor and put back in same place. small file to clean where brake pads sit in the casting. Rust builds up under the stainless “abutment” clips.

Heres a demo...

Water and air hammer with a large blunt face bit. In my opinion the only way. Rotors and drums dont stand a chance with me around. Reusing rotor, mark a stud and the rotor and put back in same place. small file to clean where brake pads sit in the casting. Rust builds up under the stainless “abutment” clips.

Heres a demo...

I used to sell a lot of wire brushes for that exact purpose. The encapsulated ones worked good.

encap.jpg

Good Morning All....Hope all is well. Hope the fishing goes great. Enjoy and be safe.

Morning!
Supposed to be a hot one today. like near 80 degrees. Shop door will be open for sure. Have to work on a jeep rear end, noisy and leaking. Oh, it has no heat. Fan is bad. That part wont be any fun.

Morning!
Supposed to be a hot one today. like near 80 degrees. Shop door will be open for sure. Have to work on a jeep rear end, noisy and leaking. Oh, it has no heat. Fan is bad. That part wont be any fun.
Seems like the weather there is a bit bipolar this time of year.

Morning all have fun fishing. At least Mitch will be there for adult supervision!!

Seems like the weather there is a bit bipolar this time of year.
Yes, frost a few days ago and now its going to be 20 degrees above seasonal. I’ll take it. It was an awesome summer, farmers will do very well here. i still have lots to do, but there is always next summer.

Good Morning All....Hope all is well. Hope the fishing goes great. Enjoy and be safe.
Speaking of fishing, I see my oldest has moved camp to Missouri Lake (Colorado). He is fly fishing in the mountains. He started tying his own just for fun. I wish him luck. Looks like 14,400'.

upload_2020-9-22_7-9-47.png

-
Back