Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ok...a question for you old heads...retired ones. I need to do some body work and was going to do it before I retire. A knee....carpel tunnel...and a hernia. I have good insurance here but not the best. I still have to pay a good sized deductible. If I ge Medicare and a supplemental insurance will it be cheaper coming out of my pocket to retire or do it now?

Ok...a question for you old heads...retired ones. I need to do some body work and was going to do it before I retire. A knee....carpel tunnel...and a hernia. I have good insurance here but not the best. I still have to pay a good sized deductible. If I ge Medicare and a supplemental insurance will it be cheaper coming out of my pocket to retire or do it now?
How old are you now?

66 soon to be 67. I want to retire
Having just gone they this with my grandparents, BEFORE you go retire and grab Medicaid, get all your assets transferred to a trust. Talk to an attorney about it. It will save you and your heirs a fortune. Medicaid just hit us with a 45,000 dollar bill, dating back over 10 years for my grandmothers dementia treatments. That’s on top of 30k for her nursing care for 4 months. Due to her having assets over a certain limit while on Medicaid and later Medicare

Dam I need some Xeon flash tubes for timing lights, holy crap there are a ton of different ones out there and the bad ones do not have part numbers! This is a throw parts at it thing I think.

Having just gone they this with my grandparents, BEFORE you go retire and grab Medicaid, get all your assets transferred to a trust. Talk to an attorney about it. It will save you and your heirs a fortune. Medicaid just hit us with a 45,000 dollar bill, dating back over 10 years for my grandmothers dementia treatments. That’s on top of 30k for her nursing care for 4 months. Due to her having assets over a certain limit while on Medicaid and later Medicare
I am going through this with my mother and that is what is moving me to look into my own affairs.

Dam I need some Xeon flash tubes for timing lights, holy crap there are a ton of different ones out there and the bad ones do not have part numbers! This is a throw parts at it thing I think.
Havent heard that word for a long time. Remember the cheap xeon lights. Just the tube wired to a spark plug wire loop in series. You needed to be in a garage at midnight to see the flash. LOL

My question is who would pay most of my medical bills Medicare/medicaid or my current insurance. I am having problems with my hands...dropped my coffee in my lap. Again!

I am going through this with my mother and that is what is moving me to look into my own affairs.
Yep. It’s freaking crazy. I’m only 33 but we’re in the process of setting everything up as an LLc/trust for that reason. Plus I’m working on getting long term care insurance and what not to avoid EVER dealing with Medicare/Medicaid

My question is who would pay most of my medical bills Medicare/medicaid or my current insurance. I am having problems with my hands...dropped my coffee in my lap. Again!
If you have private primary insurance, Medicaid and any government insurance including Tricare is a secondary payer. Supplementials and how they work vary from state to state.

Let me say it this way. I look at 2 options right now.
Option 1. Stay working and get all of my physical needs taken care of with current Insurance through work. Then retire.
Option 2. Retire and let Medicare take care of it.

Which will be cheaper for me?

Yep. It’s freaking crazy. I’m only 33 but we’re in the process of setting everything up as an LLc/trust for that reason. Plus I’m working on getting long term care insurance and what not to avoid EVER dealing with Medicare/Medicaid
Study up about long term care insurance. It's better to transfer owner of you parents assets before they get old so healthcare doesn't take it all if they get sick. My wife's grandma is going on 101, in a home and bleeding the family trust dry. (her money but still sad there will be none to pass on)

Study up about long term care insurance. It's better to transfer owner of you parents assets before they get old so healthcare doesn't take it all if they get sick. My wife's grandma is going on 101, in a home and bleeding the family trust dry. (her money but still sad there will be none to pass on)
Yeah that’s why I’m looking so hard at long term care insurance.

Let me say it this way. I look at 2 options right now.
Option 1. Stay working and get all of my physical needs taken care of with current Insurance through work. Then retire.
Option 2. Retire and let Medicare take care of it.

Which will be cheaper for me?
Without knowing the specifics of your health plan, co pay percentages, caps etc, hard to say. Best advice I can think of would be to call your insurance company you have now and get all that and then call whatever doctor you’re having it done thru, get them to give you a price estimate and they usually can tel you what part Medicare would cover

Havent heard that word for a long time. Remember the cheap xeon lights. Just the tube wired to a spark plug wire loop in series. You needed to be in a garage at midnight to see the flash. LOL
I actually get them with meters at times.

I am trying for one next to me but so far no go. I like drinking beer with Mitch across the street where I am.

-
Back