Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
You are comparing apples to carrots. Diesel is a whole different ball game. And its well known an inline 6 gas or diesel will outperform a v8 of similar displacement. In stock form.
Fuel type wasn’t specified :poke: besides, an engine is just an air pump right?

and I’d argue even in full aftermarket trim. There’s a ton of a Cummins I6s in the 3000 hp range and have been for years. Yet the Ford and Chebby guys just now broke the 2,000 hp mark.

You are comparing apples to carrots. Diesel is a whole different ball game. And its well known an inline 6 gas or diesel will outperform a v8 of similar displacement. In stock form.

Agree, I had a 79 Toyota Landcruiser with a 2F straight six, Offenhauser intake with Holley 390 that would pull very hard from idle, made torque from 600 rpm you could almost hear the cylinders firing. A little unusual thing I had with that set up was a 2 piece exhaust manifold ran into duals, not necessary but something different.

Agree, I had a 79 Toyota Landcruiser with a 2F straight six, Offenhauser intake with Holley 390 that would pull very hard from idle, made torque from 600 rpm you could almost hear the cylinders firing. A little unusual thing I had with that set up was a 2 piece exhaust manifold ran into duals, not necessary but something different.
The old mopar flathead 6’s ,twin carbs and dual exhaust. In the workhorse type trucks.
Guy i met on saturday, has a running engine. Wants my leftover parts trucks. Not letting them go.

Also with that rig, if you wanted to turn it into a sand machine or mudder, you could replace the torque monster with a 350 making it a Chevota.....Sacrilege!!! Interesting thing about that is there was an appx 300 pound weight REDUCTION by going to the V-8

Also with that rig, if you wanted to turn it into a sand machine or mudder, you could replace the torque monster with a 350 making it a Chevota.....Sacrilege!!! Interesting thing about that is there was an appx 300 pound weight REDUCTION by going to the V-8
Yeah because the Chevy gonna puke it’s guts out the oil pan haha

I disagree only because a stock 6 cylinder with 5.9liters is putting out more Hp and torque than its 6.6 and 7.3 v8 competitors.
Sorry, not talking about turbo diesels. You want to piss me off just red X me for something stupid! Rainy was talking about taking a Poly out and putting in a 440. What are you building for your old car? I rest my case.

Sorry, not talking about turbo diesels. You want to piss me off just red X me for something stupid! Rainy was talking about taking a Poly out and putting in a 440. What are you building for your old car? I rest my case.
Easy there mike. I’m just toying with ya. It’s just a little red x , not a big deal. I get them at least once a week if not once a day lol. I’ll go remove it .

Trike Tue. Once upon a time in America .

156461352_2975327469457011_4561081017469407779_n.jpg

Well, good morning men......I agree for a long time inline cummins was the torque king. NOT HP king. Now all three engines are more or less equal from the factory...Ford is the only one that completely re engineered from the ground up for there 6.7. It is a monster....Dura max and Cummins have just built on old platform...Anyone remember the ford 300? Inline 6 and it had a ton of torque...

Last edited:
Rainy is a night owl. Rusty can't sleep sometimes too. I would say Ray and Craig are the earlybirds.

-
Back