Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
How's the shoulder doing??

It is much better than before surgery, but there is limitation in the stretch we are working on. And strength. There is a pinch point that is very painful when I find it and PT isn't sure what is causing it. I have my follow up with Dr in a couple weeks, so hopefully he can answer that. Thanks for asking Craig.

Was under the dash of Duster yesterday. Changed some cluster bulbs and pulled ash tray and radio to get to the fan speed control. What a PITA :BangHead: Kinda glad it's raining and I'm not working on it today. LOL
All the wiring to the engine compartment from the cabin will go thru the bulkhead connector......All the ones inside will have connectors on them....Only one wire does not. The large cable to the Amps in the trunk.

Last edited:
Shower taken, Tools boxed up for a member here, laundry in the dryer and a load in the washer. Doing the rain dance here. If it rains I can cross off outdoor projects for now. LOL I do need some coffee or pop to wake me up. I'm getting sleepy!

Good Morning!
Today I finally get my brakes done. It has been a month long hassle with wrong parts, returning, summit customer service, the hubs being attached to the drums and not being able to get them off, and CHINA. 500$ later, they are going to be finished and the car is going to be one step closer to driveable.
The guy that we found to press in the hubs onto the new drums (chrysler NOS from 1970,) is only charging me 80$ for new drums, (both) new studs, new races, bearings, AND seals.
EDIT: just because i'm 16, the summit customer service thinks that i don't know anything and that I can be told that the rear brake drums they sold me advertised as FRONTS cannot be returned. :BangHead:

Last edited:
I'm back from a power nap. Woke up to snow on the ground, wife said it turned to snow around 7. Monster(not her name) loves the snow, rain not so much.

Speaking of desert rats. This guy, Rodney Rucker is a refugee from Barstow also.
th?id=OIP.jpg
135479791.B6rdJrtO.race20110611044640x480.jpg
th?id=OIP.jpg
th?id=OIP.jpg
He was a friend of mine that went to the high school across town. We ran in the same hot rodding circles, although as you can see, his ideas were a wee bit different than ours :lol:. Rodney built a "Monster Truck" before monster trucks were even a thing. His actually had purpose at the time, with the addition of a good share of the suspension and drivetrain from a surplus truck via the USMC, he used to drag his full sized Ford backhoe and trailer behind what was at one time a 70s vintage 3/4 ton Ford pickup. He's somewhere in Az now building vehicles such as above :rofl:. Yeah, Rodney was a little different :lol:. Took his pickup to Vegas, while cruising The Strip he was stopped by a local constable. " I don't know what this is! Or where it came from! But get it out of Clark County right now! Never let me see it again!" :rofl:

By. Never got any refund from summit on wrong wheels...neither did Dave.

Well summit claimes a refund was sent to one of my cards. Do not see it. I will have to investigate....

Good Morning!

EDIT: just because i'm 16, the summit customer service thinks that i don't know anything and that I can be told that the rear brake drums they sold me advertised as FRONTS cannot be returned. :BangHead:

You have any questions at all this group has most answers to help.

Last edited:
Good Morning!
Today I finally get my brakes done. It has been a month long hassle with wrong parts, returning, summit customer service, the hubs being attached to the drums and not being able to get them off, and CHINA. 500$ later, they are going to be finished and the car is going to be one step closer to driveable.
The guy that we found to press in the hubs onto the new drums (chrysler NOS from 1970,) is only charging me 80$ for new drums, (both) new studs, new races, bearings, AND seals.
Hmmm maybe I ought not to place that big order I’m planning with summit

I personally have had no issues with Summit returning parts. Have done it a few times in the last couple of months. I do however do it in person. Never any hint of an issue. I know that as with any business there are going to be negative experiences, and it sucks when it’s you that has one. But it won’t stop me from placing any orders. I believe they do a pretty good job, especially considering the volume of orders that run through that company. Just my two cents.

I personally have had no issues with Summit returning parts. Have done it a few times in the last couple of months. I do however do it in person. Never any hint of an issue. I know that as with any business there are going to be negative experiences, and it sucks when it’s you that has one. But it won’t stop me from placing any orders. I believe they do a pretty good job, especially considering the volume of orders that run through that company. Just my two cents.
I may wait it out. A lot of what I want to order is on back order until July

Have a question about running a thermostat in a 440 duster drag car is it better with or without ! Any pro and cons would be appreciated . Thanks in advance .

Have a question about running a thermostat in a 440 duster drag car is it better with or without ! Any pro and cons would be appreciated . Thanks in advance .
With. You want the t stat to regulate the flow so it spends long enough in the radiator to cool off.

-
Back