Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Another "close encounter". I'm not a huge fan of his music, not that his voice is bad, it's pretty good. Recently I was listening to "The Q", Canadian station and they played "What if I came Knocking", really liked it, bought it on CD because couldn't find it available on vinyl.
I’m not the biggest fan. I mean it’s okay. A lot of people around here don’t like him despite it being his home town. Namely because for the start of his career as he was making it big, he claimed Bloomington as his hometown. But lately, he’s been on this trek of making up for it. Lots of local appearances and such. Donated not only money but his own time and labor to help with the down town park. He seems to have finally found some peace in his life.

Got to short sleeve shirt weather today :D Got to wear the new t-shirt that mysteriously showed up on my porch the other day :lol:
upload_2022-2-5_18-24-26.png

I’m not the biggest fan. I mean it’s okay. A lot of people around here don’t like him despite it being his home town. Namely because for the start of his career as he was making it big, he claimed Bloomington as his hometown. But lately, he’s been on this trek of making up for it. Lots of local appearances and such. Donated not only money but his own time and labor to help with the down town park. He seems to have finally found some peace in his life.

I've heard that he doesn't get respect sometimes, didn't know that back story. American rocker for sure, slightly on the pop side but the song I posted works for me.

Have a Great Night All! For me tomorrow is fan shroud on Burb, winching out last few alders, Pro Bowl (Don't usually watch but Russell Wilson NFC).

I've heard that he doesn't get respect sometimes, didn't know that back story. American rocker for sure, slightly on the pop side but the song I posted works for me.
Well he also gets a lot of disrespect from the celebrity community because he chose to make his own just outside of Bloomington Indiana instead of somewhere like Beverley Hills. Then he also had a very bad run with drugs and alcohol in the 80s and early 90s, very Freddie Mercury esq. just minus the gay part. But he got out of that and then laid low for many years.

I'm done for today in the shop with P/S, I'm slow as crap for sure. During my "one last look" saw a belt that had slipped off the pulley about half way, might have been exciting if I started it that way. One small leak on the pressure line at the steering box, tightened. Leaving fan shroud out until I'm happy that it's bled, not gonna leak etc. No filter, fluid is dirty, maybe disconnect the return side and pump some out?
I felt like I was working on a bicycle half the time, 15mm, 16mm, 18mm. Was fighting between SAE and metric half the time : ) I need more wrenches for sure.
Yup, flushing power steering isnt a bad thing, only messy. I clamp return hose, pull off steering box and add a hose to run into jug. Fill res,start and immediately stop. Refill and repeat. Dont use the power steering fluid, use atf. I have had trouble with the power steering fluid. Chatter in tge steering wheel.

Probably not his doing about the towns. Management uses whatever sounds good, people identify with etc. Halestorm is from Red Lion (by address - actually Windsor Twp, I believe) and often hear that they are from 'York'.

Probably not his doing about the towns. Management uses whatever sounds good, people identify with etc. Halestorm is from Red Lion (by address - actually Windsor Twp, I believe) and often hear that they are from 'York'.
No, he openly railed against Seymour for a while. Mainly because they generally, as a town back then didn’t exactly support rock and roll music. Hence his “Bible Belt gonna save my soul” line. So it was kind of warranted for a while.

Well I gave up trying to sleep and am up…ugh!! Had a bad cold and cough the last couple days, a victim of freaking cold snow removal with sub-zero wind chills. Boss gave me a cough med last night as I laid there coughing. It’s just drainage I tell her, take this she says. I got about two hours sleep, and then wide awake….great!!

I met John Cougar when he was just starting out. I worked in an airport restaurant as a dishwasher (16). He came in to "The Flight Line Inn" and the waitress who did know who he was wanted his autograph in our restaurant's log but she was to shy to ask him so she asked me to do it. Well, he was wearing a Supertramp jacket, I didn't know who he was so I asked him if he was a member of Supertramp....you should have seen the look lol! I think his song that was out at the time was "I need a lover who won't drive me crazy". Think that was 1979.
Flight line inn at Graham, just outside Pullayup? Great breakfast!

-
Back