Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Stopping in to say hello, and recommend a couple new bits and rent a small hillti drill with a depth gage, most of the time they come with bit's so buying a couple bits is out and save you plenty. A slab that is over 8 to 12 mouths old will be harder than a rock (Should be) and plenty of rock to bor threw on each hole, we did a test hole on my friends shop a few years back and the drill walked on us even after we made it a 1/4'' in, so we tried a small hillti drill and it kept going strait and drilled the holes neatly for the led keepers.

Stopping in to say hello, and recommend a couple new bits and rent a small hillti drill with a depth gage, most of the time they come with bit's so buying a couple bits is out and save you plenty. A slab that is over 8 to 12 mouths old will be harder than a rock (Should be) and plenty of rock to bor threw on each hole, we did a test hole on my friends shop a few years back and the drill walked on us even after we made it a 1/4'' in, so we tried a small hillti drill and it kept going strait and drilled the holes neatly for the led keepers.

Hey Memi !! Missed ya !! Where ya been ? You alright ?

Hey Memi !! Missed ya !! Where ya been ? You alright ?
All is good Mitch, it seems weird to look outside and not see my girl Victoria outside, the new front disk brakes are all on and moving to other work to be dun while it is on the lift, been a slow posting member, shoulders are feeling allot better today :glasses7: I am a happy camper thanks for asking Mitch :color:

Slid right by I guess, I would highly recommend this becouse when drilling the holes where you want the lift I would hate to see a couple good holes and 4 bad ones that can not be moved or y'all will have to start over again and move it to clean concrete :pale:

Slid right by I guess, I would highly recommend this becouse when drilling the holes where you want the lift I would hate to see a couple good holes and 4 bad ones that can not be moved or y'all will have to start over again and move it to clean concrete :pale:

Ray sent me a diagram and I was going to get one side going but I think it is better to wait until it is here set it in place and mark where it will go.

Ray sent me a diagram and I was going to get one side going but I think it is better to wait until it is here set it in place and mark where it will go.
I agree, I would mark the first hole and screw it down and let the foot to the base of the lift be your guide to keep your bit from walking on you sir. JMO then move the lift and install the led keepers.

finally a pic of the deck table top kind of dusty though.

Attachments

• DSC00416.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 85
I agree, I would mark the first hole and screw it down and let the foot to the base of the lift be your guide to keep your bit from walking on you sir. JMO then move the lift and install the led keepers.

That's the plan right now while drinking coffee. Now beer might be....... I am using wedge bolts and the epoxy. Should be interesting a bunch of guys with abilities directing!

Im not sure the type of anchors your using for your lift, but I highly recommend these!

View attachment anchor.jpg

The anchors that your use a set tool to lock in place can pull out and not really "grip" the concrete.

We use this style at work all the time and they bite and hold! Only down side to them is your told if you ever remove them you have to drill a new hole or use a chemical anchor in the hole to rehold them.

That's the plan right now while drinking coffee. Now beer might be....... I am using wedge bolts and the epoxy. Should be interesting a bunch of guys with abilities directing!
Good to know the epoxy will be used and I am sure it will go in smooth with everyone showing up to help keep each other straight and true :D When is the date again ?

Good to know the epoxy will be used and I am sure it will go in smooth with everyone showing up to help keep each other straight and true :D When is the date again ?

The 23rd. Here is what I picked up.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 74
  • preview.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 75
-
Back