Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Thanks. But no thanks. :)
Haven't replaced the axles or worked on the diff yet.

I'll say this. Anyone driving that course best to keep it 8 tenths effort and enjoy it that way.
There's really not enough room to safely push it to close to the limits. (unless they've found a new location)
Translation: An effort to compete for the trophy and cash is a very high risk situation.
It was risky enough without trophy and cash prizes.
I was wondering about that. Assuming this is the little track all the way back by the highway.

I was wondering about that. Assuming this is the little track all the way back by the highway.
There was a guy on the MOPAX list-serve who damaged his car when Kotchkis was sponsering and running it there. His car wasn't finished or anything and had maybe two autocrosses back in Conn. so not a lot of experience. IIRC his was not the only incident.

In general SCCA sanctioned events are pretty good about course design safety and there's no money prizes. Ego is enough of an incentive for most people to give it some effort.

Video has been taken private but here's a snip from one of his messages to the group.

Yup, slid into a chain link fence, took out 3 poles. Completely missed the driver's door. Don't know how that happened, but it did. Only thing I wrecked that I wasn't planning on replacing was the fender (and headlamp bezel). I've got winter plans for the car, but I'm hoping I can be back autocrossing by mid-August.

Woke up with a headache the next day. I've counted my blessings plenty of times over this.

And this description from one of much more experienced autocrossers:

I managed a 42.2... and could probably have cut another 0.5-1 sec off of that, but I was being careful due to the lack of run out and the need to drive the dart home. The course was fairly straight forward, if tight. The cross-over caught me out on my first two runs, then I managed a 43.3. on my third; in the afternoon I got down to a 42.2 and could have taken another run to trim some more time with neater driving. The surface was a little bumpy and there were some interesting cambers and crests that could really upset things.

As much as I favor more opportunities for people to try out autocross type challenges, what's the benefit if people or their cars are likely to get hurt? :(

Video has been taken private but here's a snip from one of his messages to the group.

Yup, slid into a chain link fence, took out 3 poles. Completely missed the driver's door. Don't know how that happened, but it did. Only thing I wrecked that I wasn't planning on replacing was the fender (and headlamp bezel). I've got winter plans for the car, but I'm hoping I can be back autocrossing by mid-August.

Woke up with a headache the next day. I've counted my blessings plenty of times over this.

And this description from one of much more experienced autocrossers:

I managed a 42.2... and could probably have cut another 0.5-1 sec off of that, but I was being careful due to the lack of run out and the need to drive the dart home. The course was fairly straight forward, if tight. The cross-over caught me out on my first two runs, then I managed a 43.3. on my third; in the afternoon I got down to a 42.2 and could have taken another run to trim some more time with neater driving. The surface was a little bumpy and there were some interesting cambers and crests that could really upset things.

As much as I favor more opportunities for people to try out autocross type challenges, what's the benefit if people or their cars are likely to get hurt? :(
Sounds like a bad idea

Wow Summit is pissing me off !!! Now they informed me my wheels won't be shipped until June 30 . I ordered them in April.

Las Vegas police officers investigated reports of two unknown entities falling from the sky on the same night in late April that a family reported something 'not human' in their backyard.

One officer drove to a home on the night of April 30 and interviewed the family who called 911 after making the sighting, according to body camera footage obtained by USA TODAY. One of the family members told the officer they saw “a big creature” that was “long, 10 feet tall.”

The officer told the family he was looking into the claims because another officer saw something in the sky that matched the family’s description eight minutes earlier.

“I’m not going to BS, you guys. One of my partners said they saw something fall out of the sky, too, so that’s why I’m kind of curious,” the officer said. “It’s weird just the fact that our partner saw something at the exact time."
Interesting indeed.

Wow I’m feeling that now, carrying that 350 pound head solo was DUMB DUMB DUMB

Running club clash, car clubs race each other. See all kinds of cool stuff. Into second round we go.

0906C407-060A-42CC-A008-C32C12787853.jpeg

C9A72CC4-DF1A-4713-A63B-3C56401D98AC.jpeg

453865E7-B082-49A5-911A-82117B55D166.jpeg

image.jpg

Drinking a cup of coffee and watching YouTube mopar channel.

Dump opens at 7am this morning, need to take a trip and get rid of all the old porch demo

Found those yesterday, 64 sports Fury hub cap and extra spinner for $4.00 , now to locate a home for them

-
Back