Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning!
Sleep is winning over pain. Got maybe 5 hours last night. Rain today, but i think i will try to wander around and do something. I need tunes in the quonset, so i may work on that.

Morning another late ballgame last night think it was their last late game. I finally wound down around 1 am short night needing the coffee this morning.

I want to stay as close to stock as possible. If I can just re-ring the pistons then I'm good...

Keep in mind, I pretty much don't know what I'm doing :lol: but I'm cruising and not racing.

Do these things hit what I should be concerned with?

Hot tank and clean
Bore check and Hone (Bore as necessary)
Install Cam bearings
Clean, polish and align crank (as necessary)
Replace soft plugs

If overbore is required, then rod/piston assembly.

I would like the end result to be a short block.
The pricing seems pretty fair if you ask me. Regardless of region. Me personally I like it coming home as a short block. I do not have the knowledge or equipment to get it that far here in my shop.

The pricing seems pretty fair if you ask me. Regardless of region. Me personally I like it coming home as a short block. I do not have the knowledge or equipment to get it that far here in my shop.

That's where I'm at John. I think short block is the way to go so I don't screw up anything in the rotating assembly.

I'm going to take it down to the shop next week... then I'll have space to pull the slant/6 out and start on cleaning up the engine bay.

That's where I'm at John. I think short block is the way to go so I don't screw up anything in the rotating assembly.

I'm going to take it down to the shop next week... then I'll have space to pull the slant/6 out and start on cleaning up the engine bay.
It would be great if you can just smooth up the bores a bit and not need bored out and new pistons. That turns into the rabbit hole for sure. Everyone wanted me to do this and that to the Hemi I stuffed in my Demon, but in the end it is for the most part stock. And I drive the heck out of it without worrying about it being finicky.

Morning!
Sleep is winning over pain. Got maybe 5 hours last night. Rain today, but i think i will try to wander around and do something. I need tunes in the quonset, so i may work on that.
That's what I did when I hurt my back recently. Got up in the mornings like I always do and did all my daily chores like normal. Without overdoing it. Although it's taken a WHILE to get better, I think keeping moving is what did it.

Oh the night has just started. Whiskey tasting group tonight at 8 pm. I'll try to remember to post a photo.
Here's our meeting room.Yep, I forgot to snap some photos during the night of the crowd.

20230615_194544.jpg

20230615_194621.jpg

20230615_195458.jpg

It would be great if you can just smooth up the bores a bit and not need bored out and new pistons. That turns into the rabbit hole for sure. Everyone wanted me to do this and that to the Hemi I stuffed in my Demon, but in the end it is for the most part stock. And I drive the heck out of it without worrying about it being finicky.

That is the goal... not interested in hot rodding it, just want it to be dependable for long cruises...

The smoke from the Canada fires make for a cool looking sunrise out the windshield of a 71 Challenger on the way to work...

20230616_060927.jpg

-
Back