Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I abused my John Deere today. I kept running over the blackberry bushes until I got them mowed down. It was a patch probaby 10 x 20. All was good until I lowered the deck and picked up a chunk of wet carpet that the previous owner put down between the plants to keep the weeds down. Duh for me and them! :BangHead: :BangHead: It killed the engine right away. I just restarted, backed it up and kicked in the deck.

With a rainy day I spent it in the storage side of the basement. I've looked at a mess since we moved in boxes of old floor and bathroom tile and half empty bags of grout the previous owner left. I sorted through them hauling the old tile not located in the house (up and down the stairs) and then hauled the boxes upstairs to the trash (more up and down the stairs).

I cleaned out the area underneath the basement stairs and relocated the kept tile and grout there. We will probably never need it but where it is I'll never have to move it again. With an afternoon Sam's run and an ice cream stop I've done enough and clocking out. Wondering if it's too early for a toddy...hmm why wonder??

Last edited:
With a rainy day I spent it in the storage side of the basement. I've looked at a mess since we moved in boxes of old floor and bathroom tile and half empty bags of grout the previous owner left. I sorted through them hauling the old tile not located in the house (up and down the stairs) and then hauled the boxes upstairs to the trash (more up and down the stairs).

I cleaned out the area underneath the basement stairs and relocated the kept tile and grout there. We will probably never need it and where it is I'll never have to move it again. With an afternoon Sam's run and an ice cream stop I've done enough and clocking out. Wondering if it's too early for a toddy...hmm why wonder??
Never to early!

I abused my John Deere today. I kept running over the blackberry bushes until I got them mowed down. It was a patch probaby 10 x 20. All was good until I lowered the deck and picked up a chunk of wet carpet that the previous owner put down between the plants to keep the weeds down. Duh for me and them! :BangHead: :BangHead: It killed the engine right away. I just restarted, backed it up and kicked in the deck.
Put a blower on your lawn mower Mike and that should make a big difference in eating carpet. :thumbsup:

tractortuesdayIV.jpg

I bought this yesterday. I think I'll put it in a ring casting for the wife for Christmas. It's a Sphene

Got my new fuel ⛽ filter in today. I am getting to old for working under the car then forget something , try and get up then try to get back down. Sucks getting old. Rant over..lol.

View attachment 1716158202
Need one of them gardening benches. Its a seat, flip it and kneel on it, legs are handles to help a senior to get back up.

Another trip to chiropractor. One more on friday.
Thats were i saw a few snowflakes.
Winnipeg is getting it now.
Overheard a farmer,600 acres left to harvest. Hes hoping for frost now.
Tomorrow is fix a beater day,old guy thats a member of the car club. Then a 90’s mustang for brake job and service. Then store it away for winter.

Didnt help:lol:
Way better than it was. Haha

So tomorrow the plan is to lift the bed and can off, already unbolted, just need to lift carefully. Then im gonna wire wheel the frame good and por15 it. Then high gloss black chassis paint it. All new brakes and steering components on the shelf waiting. Honestly don’t see this taking long to do as there’s very little if any body work and everything is ready to strip.

-
Back