Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I had to do an errand just up the 101 this morning and saw that our river is still flowing. I know the Army Corps of Engineers has some work to do on a dam that feeds it, but that reservoir ain't that big. The farmers should be pleased, their ground water tables should rise. Real crazy thing is, large amount of the homeless are camped out in the river bottom with winter comin' on. That river was levee to levee just last winter on it's own.

Leaves this morning for three hours closer to being done. We went out on a cooler windy afternoon and played nine. There were only three other people playing...haha!! The sun was shining just not very bright, and we were dressed for it and had a great time. On the way home Cheryl got a call from her BFF. Her family has six courtside KU basketball tickets. Her friend's hubby was busy at work and wasn't going to make the game. She asked Cheryl to go with them and being a KU fan/alum, she did. So home sipping a toddy been a long day, but a good day.

I had to do an errand just up the 101 this morning and saw that our river is still flowing. I know the Army Corps of Engineers has some work to do on a dam that feeds it, but that reservoir ain't that big. The farmers should be pleased, their ground water tables should rise. Real crazy thing is, large amount of the homeless are camped out in the river bottom with winter comin' on. That river was levee to levee just last winter on it's own.
We were harvesting spinach in a bottom field one year and the water table rose suddenly and stuck our harvester/combine. It was under water up to center of hubs and sinking fast. I grabbed our big cable and a Clovis. Told my amigoes I could swim under thru mud and water but could not get back out. Told them to watch my heels and when I clicked them together waste no time and pull me out from under the machine. Grabbed me a big gulp of air and went under. You can’t hook on to the header as it will just fold up, plus it would be about 200k to replace. You have to hook to frame on machine. We got it out with a D9 Cat. When the amigoes relayed that story to Jodi at the Xmas party while drinking tequila with me p, she about lost it.

Are ya sure ??? This is what it looks like now...WTF ???
1000002925.jpg

We were harvesting spinach in a bottom field one year and the water table rose suddenly and stuck our harvester/combine. It was under water up to center of hubs and sinking fast. I grabbed our big cable and a Clovis. Told my amigoes I could swim under thru mud and water but could not get back out. Told them to watch my heels and when I clicked them together waste no time and pull me out from under the machine. Grabbed me a big gulp of air and went under. You can’t hook on to the header as it will just fold up, plus it would be about 200k to replace. You have to hook to frame on machine. We got it out with a D9 Cat. When the amigoes relayed that story to Jodi at the Xmas party while drinking tequila with me p, she about lost it.
The crazy gringo bossman...:lol:

I got a 930 Cat loader stuck in a sand wash that needed to have a cleaning of it's channel for the upcoming winter. I got off the tractor on dry ground, went out there and stomped around on it, dug some shallow holes with a shovel, "Doesn't look too bad" and off the concrete I went into the wash. I wasn't 10' off the concrete and down it went :eek: to the top of the tires deep. I got a big cable on the hitch pin on the back. Called our 980 Cat loader and din't even budge it. Next came the big Cat 14 blade/grader, same effect. The D8 dozer, nothin'. Only thing bigger we had on the job was Fat Alis up on the main cut on the main line of the freeway push loading scrapers. At that time Fat Alis was one of the largest dozers on the planet, D 10 Cat was still on the drawing board. Took a while to get it there, Alis wasn't very fast at 50 ton gross weight. All 12 cylinders/28 litres worth finally made it down to us. Alis didn't even breathe hard gettin' me out. I was ducked down in front of the loader seat just in case that 1" cable decided it was done playin' with us :lol:

1701824094361.png

1701824171202.png

IMG_4313.jpeg

IMG_4318.jpeg

IMG_4311.jpeg
Well no strippers for tonight but I told him if he can pass for 21 he can order any whiskey he wanted from the wall.

I got a 930 Cat loader stuck in a sand wash that needed to have a cleaning of it's channel for the upcoming winter. I got off the tractor on dry ground, went out there and stomped around on it, dug some shallow holes with a shovel, "Doesn't look too bad" and off the concrete I went into the wash. I wasn't 10' off the concrete and down it went :eek: to the top of the tires deep. I got a big cable on the hitch pin on the back. Called our 980 Cat loader and din't even budge it. Next came the big Cat 14 blade/grader, same effect. The D8 dozer, nothin'. Only thing bigger we had on the job was Fat Alis up on the main cut on the main line of the freeway push loading scrapers. At that time Fat Alis was one of the largest dozers on the planet, D 10 Cat was still on the drawing board. Took a while to get it there, Alis wasn't very fast at 50 ton gross weight. All 12 cylinders/28 litres worth finally made it down to us. Alis didn't even breathe hard gettin' me out. I was ducked down in front of the loader seat just in case that 1" cable decided it was done playin' with us :lol:

View attachment 1716174711

View attachment 1716174714
Big bastered.

-
Back