Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I had cheaters all over the shop of varying degrees for whatever the job was, high mag by the lathe low mag by torch etc etc. Biting the bullet and getting bifocals was smartest thing I ever did. I would not go back.
I have bifocals and now just added cheater lenses in my welding helmet. WOW did that help.

My friend will usually bring a box of stuff to burn when I burn in fire pit. A few days later I usually find a pair of what’s left of his cheaters

Morning .

crying-emoji-clipart-face-6.png

That sucks

I've had 3 nights in a row that I wake between 01:00 and 01:15... weird... but I go right back to sleep
I can’t figure it out. I wake about 2 am and then toss and turn from there but by 5 am I am sleepy again. It’s too late then to go back to sleep.

I slept like a bear. We walked the entire back 60 and painted trees purple and drove stakes and survey taped it. It was super rough. Lots of big rock! And elevation change. I fell several times but did not roll very far. It is very snakey so wanted to wait for a cold snap. It is impenetrable during summer due to under growth. Been wanting to do that for some time now. I got home got boots off made a toddy and passed out. Jodi said I slept a solid 12 hrs. My usual is six.

I can’t figure it out. I wake about 2 am and then toss and turn from there but by 5 am I am sleepy again. It’s too late then to go back to sleep.
I have been doing that a lot lately. I go to bed @ 10 and sleep for 5 hours, then I need a nap or two to get through the day. :BangHead: :BangHead: :lol:

I track mine. Trying to see patterns. What you do just before going to bed matters. Any kinds of screen time jacks me up. Reading helps. Music doesn't ..I end up paying attention. Baseball games help...I set a 30 minute timer

Screenshot_20240108_111527_Zepp.jpg

So I found a supposedly rebuilt short block for my 5.9 Cummins. Supposedly rebuilt by the owner who is a machinist of 25 years. Looks the part. Guy wants 750 for it. We know that I spun something in the rotating assembly of my numbers matching original 5.9. Parts plus labor to rebuild it professionally is just under 10,000. As much as I’d love to keep it original, I’m thinking of taking the risk on this short block. Putting my newly rebuilt head on it and giving it a shot. Then keeping my original one and having it rebuilt down the road.

-
Back