Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Less than 12 hours and we pick up our pup. She spent a week at a boarder, who has a toddler, i guess the two became good buddies and took turns wearing each other out.
Absolutely

20230527_144727.jpg

Yuck! Sorry Chris.

Compared to up there Fred, it's nothing special. :rolleyes: you guys get REAL winter.

Sometimes I think salting those areas just makes it worse. 3 inches of slushy slop

Added note...

Really happy with the new tires on the truck. Very good traction, lugs clear quickly.

SUMITOMO ENCOUNTER AT SL

Last edited:
Compared to up there Fred, it's nothing special. :rolleyes: you guys get REAL winter.

Sometimes I think salting those areas just makes it worse. 3 inches of slushy slop
They do a great job here keeping the roads clear here but I still hate the salt on the roads.

Wow going through the stuff sent to me from my sisters house. Holy crap pics of family members back to 1914 so far and just dented it really.
That is so cool, we got a similar unmarked box of family photos. It was a bit daunting diving into it but we found some cool stuff. Including ration cards from WW2 etc. Best advice is recruit help, you will be surprised at the knowledge some of your other family members have that you got no idea on.

So I think I can prove that our public school systems are failing in a big way. My son is a second grader and the school has been hounding us because his standardized test scores absolutely suck, but to counter that, his in class grades are As and Cs, the Cs being in reading. They’ve had him tested for special Ed, he passed with ease. I’ve argued with them for 9 months that their tests a faulty and pointless.

Anyway, my daughter is in 4th grade and the 4th graders do STEM robotics where they design and build robots to play various games (link below). yesterday was their first tournament and they had several kids not show up resulting in not having enough to fill out each team. So my son, who just turned 8 and is a full two years younger than anyone else, volunteered. He stepped in, not only did he drive the robots better than the 4th graders , several had major design flaws and were failing. My son, who according to the test scores is “struggling “, solved them in all throughout the course of the day, and had completely designed his own, and scored more points than the others, in 7 hours. Where the 4th graders have been designing and building and testing since September.
So now, as a second grader, he’s going to be competing going forward. He’s on solid works right now, designing yet another new robot. I’d say his mechanical aptitude has got to be high but they won’t test for that anymore….

Many in the region here go to Delaware for the same reason. Very friendly to pensioners.
If I get a VA rating of 10 percent or higher, here in Indiana my property taxes are lowered, at 30 percent they go away

Hey kids...

Still windy... local roads are messy with blowing/ drifting snow.
Yep. That was my ride home last night. Enough traffic on my roads that drifting didnt get deep. Some areas were tough to tell what was snow covered or white from salt. Others jet black - wet or ice? Just keep it straight and sail on thru. :steering: :eek:

So I think I can prove that our public school systems are failing in a big way. My son is a second grader and the school has been hounding us because his standardized test scores absolutely suck, but to counter that, his in class grades are As and Cs, the Cs being in reading. They’ve had him tested for special Ed, he passed with ease. I’ve argued with them for 9 months that their tests a faulty and pointless.

Anyway, my daughter is in 4th grade and the 4th graders do STEM robotics where they design and build robots to play various games (link below). yesterday was their first tournament and they had several kids not show up resulting in not having enough to fill out each team. So my son, who just turned 8 and is a full two years younger than anyone else, volunteered. He stepped in, not only did he drive the robots better than the 4th graders , several had major design flaws and were failing. My son, who according to the test scores is “struggling “, solved them in all throughout the course of the day, and had completely designed his own, and scored more points than the others, in 7 hours. Where the 4th graders have been designing and building and testing since September.
So now, as a second grader, he’s going to be competing going forward. He’s on solid works right now, designing yet another new robot. I’d say his mechanical aptitude has got to be high but they won’t test for that anymore….

Of course. That goes way back to when i was in 4th grade. My mom was told I was an idiot and could not learn. We all know how that turned out...

I have a bachelor’s degrees, two minors, and a Masters Degree. I can honestly say they’re mostly a waste of time and money. If I had to do it all over again, I’d gone into construction and been mine own contractor. I’d at least saved a fortune and had my own house by now.

Standardized tests should be re evaluated for what they prove. Only test I did good on was asvab. 96. Good I'm told....
I scored a 96 as well. Then about 5-6 years ago they changed the asvab that hadn’t been changed since it first started , which made it easier to get higher percentage scores. Yet we have a dumber force.

I wasn't afforded a College Education. I just went straight to work, and worked my way up to Business Owner.....Glad I did it that way... :thumbsup:

I can't say Im so happy about living in Maryland anymore....Things have REALLY changed in the last 25 years. I may be looking at a much warmer climate to live out my remaining years...... :eek:

-
Back