Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So I think I can prove that our public school systems are failing in a big way. My son is a second grader and the school has been hounding us because his standardized test scores absolutely suck, but to counter that, his in class grades are As and Cs, the Cs being in reading. They’ve had him tested for special Ed, he passed with ease. I’ve argued with them for 9 months that their tests a faulty and pointless.

Anyway, my daughter is in 4th grade and the 4th graders do STEM robotics where they design and build robots to play various games (link below). yesterday was their first tournament and they had several kids not show up resulting in not having enough to fill out each team. So my son, who just turned 8 and is a full two years younger than anyone else, volunteered. He stepped in, not only did he drive the robots better than the 4th graders , several had major design flaws and were failing. My son, who according to the test scores is “struggling “, solved them in all throughout the course of the day, and had completely designed his own, and scored more points than the others, in 7 hours. Where the 4th graders have been designing and building and testing since September.
So now, as a second grader, he’s going to be competing going forward. He’s on solid works right now, designing yet another new robot. I’d say his mechanical aptitude has got to be high but they won’t test for that anymore….

Nothing changes. I was bounced around in my early years, im almost thinking it was due to my poor handwriting. Math wasnt great. Top of the bottom class,bottom of the top class.

I have always liked shepards pie. Even better tater tot hot dish :thumbsup:

Tater tots
Ground beef
Cream mushroom soup
Plenty of cheese

And anything else you want to throw in

My thermometer says it's warming up. I took a walk today and defiantly less shrinkage. :rolleyes:
I needed to do some errands in town, look at Weather Channel says it's 62° outside, on goes the long sleeve shirt. Get outside, feels warmer than that, the Ram say it's 72° :realcrazy: . On the way to town all the vintage Brit sports cars are out with their tops down :BangHead::lol:

I needed to do some errands in town, look at Weather Channel says it's 62° outside, on goes the long sleeve shirt. Get outside, feels warmer than that, the Ram say it's 72° :realcrazy: . On the way to town all the vintage Brit sports cars are out with their tops down :BangHead::lol:
Is that a rub it in post Alex :poke: :lol:

Well a Frodee Shepards pie ready for the oven. Shoulda done a cook book recipe but NO!!! I figured mine would be better. :bs_flag:Dam flag.

:lol: Well, it's warming up here too. Hasn't been over 62 or 63 in a couple weeks. :lol:
db21ea23d880fc0d68a3bfa2b206051b--violin-instrument.jpg

-
Back