Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I had a pleasant surprise awaiting me in my mailbox this morning :D . 102 cubic inches worth of Blueprint 408 from the IRS :lol:. Heck, I just filed 18 days ago :eek:.

I had the pleasure of meeting Tyke this morning. Not to start any problems but he mentioned that he was the best of the group. :lol: :poke:

So I went over to grab a new shut off valve for the outside water line.
Every year I shut it down and drain it. Every year the copper line would splint. It's an empty line. So last spring I pulled everything and went to pex. Turning the water on and the pex line on the valve pops off. It was fine since around this time last year. Till I shut off the water and drained the system. I give up.

So I went over to grab a new shut off valve for the outside water line.
Every year I shut it down and drain it. Every year the copper line would splint. It's an empty line. So last spring I pulled everything and went to pex. Turning the water on and the pex line on the valve pops off. It was fine since around this time last year. Till I shut off the water and drained the system. I give up.
Did you install a sill ****? (que Karl) the valves for those are inside the house.

Screenshot_20240310_115805_Firefox.jpg

Did you install a sill ****? (que Karl) the valves for those are inside the house.
The line runs thru the back wall thru the sun room to outside to the hose.
The problem is well has been for years.
I had a plumber reverse the direction of the original line it went out side the sun porch to the middle of the house were the hot tub was.
Ir ran out the wall and down along the ground line.no problems ever there
He split it and ran the new line up under the ceiling then down to the hose connection outside. I dig a 200 ft trench and dropped in a line to the back of the property with a hose connection.

I'm going to pull all this in the fall. And run the line down across the floor line with a drain line for next year.

The line runs thru the back wall thru the sun room to outside to the hose.
The problem is well has been for years.
I had a plumber reverse the direction of the original line it went out side the sun porch to the middle of the house were the hot tub was.
Ir ran out the wall and down along the ground line.no problems ever there
He split it and ran the new line up under the ceiling then down to the hose connection outside. I dig a 200 ft trench and dropped in a line to the back of the property with a hose connection.

I'm going to pull all this in the fall. And run the line down across the floor line with a drain line for next year.
That does sound a bit muffed up.

Agree I asked him why cold air rises.
..his suggestion was just drain everything and leave the line open.
Nope always split someplace every year.
Young guy died from a drug overdose shortly after he did my house.
Ok I had the Gto on charge so I can move it and get to parts I need for the Valiant. Later.

Our old house had water.in the garage and out in a flower garden. I bet someone forgot to drain it and it froze so it was all disconnected. You almost need to trench it in 4' down with a farm type hydrant in the yard.

These old hydrants are the best for outside water. The shut off is 4' below the frost line. You can trench a line to the yard but it needs to start and end below the frost line or exit in a building that doesn't freeze.

Screenshot_20240310_121651_Firefox.jpg

-
Back