Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
When I visited Dr. Steve he told me my blood is so thin I can fly if I want to, no chance of developing another clot.
Ok but I can still feel the one in my lung.
Give it another year to dissolve was the response.
Hey. Gives yo somehting to look forward too.

reminds me I'm prolly due for an annual.
and all the other stuff I ignored or forgot about

When I visited Dr. Steve he told me my blood is so thin I can fly if I want to, no chance of developing another clot.
Ok but I can still feel the one in my lung.
Give it another year to dissolve was the response.
I am supposed to take a baby aspirin every day. The cat scratched my leg and it bled for 15 min. I'm with you there.

like this stuff?
I guess so. What I carry in my pack is a trauma bandage. I also have a 1970s era small military first aid kit - but that's really not what I'd like to turn to unless that's the only choice. At work we have a nice kit with the trauma banadages in it. Mandatory to have on hand when running the chainsaw.

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

The entire set of tires won’t be here now until June 12th. Ordered may 9th. Supposedly in stock at the time. Sure didn’t wait a month to take my money….

So good news is the local tire shop was able to find one, just one tire in my size. The bad news is it won’t be in until Saturday afternoon or Monday at the latest.

Tim, looks like there’s a good chance you’ll be going down Sunday solo and I’ll be meeting you Monday.

I guess so. What I carry in my pack is a trauma bandage. I also have a 1970s era small military first aid kit - but that's really not what I'd like to turn to unless that's the only choice. At work we have a nice kit with the trauma banadages in it. Mandatory to have on hand when running the chainsaw.
This is what we carry in our Combat Life Saver bags. I’ve had to deploy it twice in the civilian world. It works GREAT. But most local ERs hate the stuff cause it works so well that it makes surgeons and docs take extra extra time to fully clean it all out by irrigating the **** out of the wound

Quikclot-combat gauze for medic and first responders

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

The entire set of tires won’t be here now until June 12th. Ordered may 9th. Supposedly in stock at the time. Sure didn’t wait a month to take my money….

So good news is the local tire shop was able to find one, just one tire in my size. The bad news is it won’t be in until Saturday afternoon or Monday at the latest.

Tim, looks like there’s a good chance you’ll be going down Sunday solo and I’ll be meeting you Monday.
Are the tires on it so bad they can't be used for another 1000 miles?

Not surprised

Are the tires on it so bad they can't be used for another 1000 miles?
Only 1. Back in early May I hit a piece of guard rail that was in the road early one morning, sliced the front tires, I had one new spare . Tires in my size are apparently a pita to get in. Tire shop gave me a used one(for 10 bucks) to get me by but it was nearly bald then. Now it’s got cords showing it’s so bald. Other three are just fine and have over 80 percent tread left.

IMG_4652.jpeg

Only 1. Back in early May I hit a piece of guard rail that was in the road early one morning, sliced the front tires, I had one new spare . Tires in my size are apparently a pita to get in. Tire shop gave me a used one(for 10 bucks) to get me by but it was nearly bald then. Now it’s got cords showing it’s so bald. Other three are just fine and have over 80 percent tread left.

View attachment 1716259504
Does anything ever go as planned for you chris?

Yes… pain. Pain, drama, stress, bad luck. Those always go for me.

What pisses me off the most is, the seller is a national tire company, ordered a month in advance, in stock. I should have been throwing a fit after week one of delays but I didn’t. Now it’s biting me.

Tempted to rent a car and drive it anyway. Probably should have done that a month ago, would have been the same cost I bet.

What I really should have done was buy 18 inch rims instead of sticking with 17s but I didn’t like the look of the 18s on the jeep and most were so flashy and just over done for a Jeep. I can find 35 inch x18Rs all day long locally.

Anyway back to combat gauze. That stuff works so well it actually stopped or rather drastically slowed a knicked artery. Right before Covid, two guys got into a fight at the gas station across the street from my army base. Dude stabbed the other in the neck, myself and another MP heard the call, went screaming over there, I didn’t have it at the time, but the city cop that responded did. Stuff the guys neck with it. Hospital said if it hadn’t been for that stuff, dude would have died. It was after that they started issuing it to all of us in our trauma kits

-
Back