Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
652a8aa6-b8fc-4d0c-88c8-74c1ed237e96_text.gif

Well once I bought a new 9/16 gear wrench it went OK. You know gravity takes over at some point. Freaking thing is very heavy. Will for sure need a trans jack to reinstall..needs a serious rearward tilt.
Look at how long it is. And the big *** flange..

20240618_175318.jpg

Well once I bought a new 9/16 gear wrench it went OK. You know gravity takes over at some point. Freaking thing is very heavy. Will for sure need a trans jack to reinstall..needs a serious rearward tilt.
Hey Tim the last time I R&I my tranny I used 2 small rachet straps under the tranny and put the hooks in existing holes in the frame and ratcheted it down and back in. Worked slick.

Still haven't got my car trailer bought to haul the old truck to events. Looking at one in Watertown SD but the guy is on vacation till the end of the month, so I'm waiting. :popcorn:

That's tight in that A...... body
Sure is. Then right where it sits is under the console. So any modification you have to make to the tunnel has to work with console. Took a while to make it work...engine tilted down 1/4 inch at trans cross member. Then getting pinion angle right....grrrr

Last edited:
Sure is. Then right where it sits is under the console. So any modification you have to make to the tunnel has to work with console. Took a while to make it work...engine tilted down 1/2 inch at trans cross member. Then getting pinion angle right....grrrr
O and having to cut out the top of the cross member and re engineering it to get clearence...there was that...

-
Back