Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So there is a new company called plate pay. And guess CA is involved with it...plate pass here..private company.

<~~~~~ got stopped at the Dunkin' toll booth in town. He heard the young lady inside say she needed to make a fresh pot of Midnight. It was really good. He had to wait 15 minutes to drink it, it was old McD's HOT. :lol:

So there is a new company called plate pay. And guess CA is involved with it...plate pass here..private company.
That section of I 15 in Corona with the toll lanes, big signs TURN ON YOUR TRANSPONDER! and ya know those won't be free to those that use them. 4 lanes of freeway crowded and slow, 2 lanes of toll road EMPTY :BangHead: That toll money probably gets siphoned off for the law makers pet projects :soapbox: New furniture for the State Capitol building every other year :BangHead::lol:

Went to renew my truck registration today.

Decided to upgrade my plates :)

Friends-of-Coal.jpg

I saw today that The Travelodge a block away from the Dunkin toll booth is getting 6 charging units installed in it's parking lot. They didn't have the Tesla logo on them, so they may be operational soon, not like the Tesla chargers close to home that have been sitting unused for 3 months.

a little more bodywork done.. starting to get happy with the lower quarters, need to order more filler though.. i am taking off more than i should and re-adding it.. kinda how i do drywall :)

BTW.. i swear this metal was straight when i put it on, once you start scrutinizing though it's like nothing is straight enough

Ordered some Upol lightweight gold filler, stuff is supposed to be amazing but won't be here til tuesday. might work on the fenders this weekend.. need to get my *** in gear or i will miss all of summer

a little more bodywork done.. starting to get happy with the lower quarters, need to order more filler though.. i am taking off more than i should and re-adding it.. kinda how i do drywall :)

BTW.. i swear this metal was straight when i put it on, once you start scrutinizing though it's like nothing is straight enough
I'm not really good at making a car straight as an arrow anymore. My hands have gotten bad over the years so I have to use guide coat over my bodywork to make sure it's straight. I use Evercoat mud and glaze and works good for me.
Just a helping hand on doing your sanding mud. Don't let it get to hard but sand it when it's a bit green. Not to the point that clogs your sandpaper and not be able to clean it but there is a sweet spot in drying time and if you get it at the right time it takes a lot of hard work out of sanding mud. Get it close with sanding it a bit green then let it get dry and finish sanding it. Save a heck of a lot of time and effort.

I'm not really good at making a car straight as an arrow anymore. My hands have gotten bad over the years so I have to use guide coat over my bodywork to make sure it's straight. I use Evercoat mud and glaze and works good for me.
Just a helping hand on doing your sanding mud. Don't let it get to hard but sand it when it's a bit green. Not to the point that clogs your sandpaper and not be able to clean it but there is a sweet spot in drying time and if you get it at the right time it takes a lot of hard work out of sanding mud. Get it close with sanding it a bit green then let it get dry and finish sanding it. Save a heck of a lot of time and effort.
yeah.. i just don't want it to look like a 16 year old did it in the back yard :) This lightweight gold is supposed to spread really nice and sand easy without clogging.. will see

-
Back