Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
1723200665374.png

Any one ever use a IKON mower? This one looks right for me.

Any one ever use a IKON mower? This one looks right for me.
Not me, BUT.. my john deere (old pos that won't die) has a kawasaki small engine and the things are amazing... i had no idea they even made them til i got mine.. even has a pressurized oil system

Trying to stay away from JD this time parts are way to much
Mines just a 42" rider, paid 500 for it like 8 years ago and have like 500 more into it.. has help up well. My yard is insanely bumpy and i'm always waiting for it too fall apart

Good Morning
I bought my John Deere 445 Tractor in 1995, Still going strong. Has a 54" deck and I have a plow blade attachment. Zero turns weren't even around then.that I knew of. Has the 22hp Kawasaki fuel injected, liquid cooled engine. Now has 900 hours on it. I did have to repair the "PLASTIC" cam gear issue. But other than that, it has been a workhorse.... :thumbsup:

Good Morning
I bought my John Deere 445 Tractor in 1995, Still going strong. Has a 54" deck and I have a plow blade attachment. Zero turns weren't even around then.that I knew of. Has the 22hp Kawasaki fuel injected, liquid cooled engine. Now has 900 hours on it. I did have to repair the "PLASTIC" cam gear issue. But other than that, it has been a workhorse.... :thumbsup:
Mine is a GT240 (garden tractor series) I wish it moved faster but it has the 17hp kaw.. what's funny is it has a balance shaft that sounds like a rod knock at idle.. and i was like ohhh ****.. then read posts by people that rebuilt the whole motor and it still has a knock.. cause that's just how it is :)

I really had it with the mower deck on the 2320. Again, it is chewing up belts. Had two other people look at it and all of us don't see anything out of spec. All new sheaves, spindles etc. Love the tractor but need a dependable mower. Used the neighbors zero turn once and it cut the time in half mowing so really want to go that way. Hell, I have a jungle out there right now.

Good morning all. My 24 yr old John Deere 120 transmission gave up the ghost this spring. The new mowers are way expensive. Found an exact model as mine for $1000.00 with low hrs an extra attachments. If it lasts a few yrs it should be worth it, plus I now have spare parts

Just front porch sitting under a quilt, waiting on the sun to emerge from over the mountain. Sipping a green tea. Happy Friday to all you working stiffs. I got Students most of the day but they are all regulars so fundamentally an easy day for me. I push them pretty hard. They keep coming back so I reckon they like it!

IMG_5194.jpeg

Morning!
Cool again, but looks like it will warm up some. Got the cable buried,even with yesterday’s rain the soil was very dry. Maybe demolition starts today.
My sons Toro zero turn does a very nice job,60” and i would say 1/2 the time to mow my front lawn. My rider is a husqvarna 48” 23 hp briggs and scrapiron.. Its been an awesome tractor.
More wiring, under dash. It sucks as the seat risers are welded to floor,makes it extremely difficult to get up and out of car.

Morning gang. Power has been out since last night. Storm got crazy. Nice having a gas stove to fix coffee.

Not to the point of firing up the generator just yet. Will see how restoration goes. I have a fully charged battery bank

Morning gang. Power has been out since last night. Storm got crazy. Nice having a gas stove to fix coffee.

Not to the point of firing up the generator just yet. Will see how restoration goes. I have a fully charged battery bank
Thinking i need to run up my generator.

-
Back