Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Had fasting blood work this morning. Followed by an appointment with my heart Doc. So no Breakfast. Doing Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner now.

20240808_142417.jpg

Indeed, but if you run on E85, alcohol, nitro etc, that puts you in a Fuel class. If boosted, then Blown class...ETC Records climb from there.
Hey Eric was looking up the figures on HP rating using a front and rear spoiler, looks like you were right about 25 more HP depending on speed and the spoilers.

Hey Eric was looking up the figures on HP rating using a front and rear spoiler, looks like you were right about 25 more HP depending on speed and the spoilers.
On a Charger Daytona, at speed (180+) the nose and rear wing were worth approximately 150hp in aerodynamic benefits

On a Charger Daytona, at speed (180+) the nose and rear wing were worth approximately 150hp in aerodynamic benefits
I didn't realize how much drag is behind the car at high speeds. Enough to make a big difference for sure. and the front end as well.

I didn't realize how much drag is behind the car at high speeds. Enough to make a big difference for sure. and the front end as well.
hp to overcome drag goes up exponentially as speed increases

for example - if it takes 500hp to make your car go 160mph. Then it will take ~ 750hp to go 180mph and 1000hp to go 200mph if the car is unchanged in any aero

hp to overcome drag goes up exponentially as speed increases

for example - if it takes 500hp to make your car go 160mph. Then it will take ~ 750hp to go 180mph and 1000hp to go 200mph if the car is unchanged in any aero
I'm learning and appreciate the education. I don't go to fast but sometimes I do hit over 100 mph. Easy to do around here you can see for miles so I stay smart and keep my eye on the road. I can see being on the salt flats there would be no cars pulling out in front of you and can just floor it and hang on. :thumbsup:

I never saw any pics of my Dad's El Mirage lakester, so I don't know if that 128.9 mph trophy was given to a T-bucket with a really stout flatty, or something more aerodynamic.

Well sincere thanks for all the body working tips on Jodis truck. I am sure there is a paint and body term for it but essentially I just beat the piss out of it with an assortment of objects and it turned out pretty good. Nowhere near done, just put a shot coat of paint I had laying around to keep it from flash rusting. I will go into town and get a bit of bondo and actual correct color paint before I go much further. I still need to flatten the top a bit but it is under the plastic tailgate edge cover. I still have to flatten out the access panel as well.

IMG_2051.jpeg

IMG_2050.jpeg

IMG_2049.jpeg

IMG_2048.jpeg

IMG_2046.jpeg

IMG_2047.jpeg

According to the weather service The tropical front moving through just has things kinda funky.

Pretty wide area. Northern Virginia, North Eastern West Virginia and pretty much all of Maryland where Mitch is
Well crap that's not good I hope you guys have basements to hide out just in case.

-
Back