Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
There are KFC's in the Major Cities in Viet Nam also. But their menus are weird. Sure they have Chicken as normal, but they also have Asian entrees . Like Noodles, Rice, Soup and the like. No KFC's in my smaller city of Vinh Long. But there are similar fast food places. Jolliebee is one that is a Philippino chain. Burgers and Chicken and Asian. It's ok, but I prefer Lotteria, which is a Korean chain. Mostly the same fare, but the food is better there. Their Fried Chicken is off the hook. When I get bored with Vietnamese food, I go there for take out Chicken. I get 6 Chicken breasts for about $5 USD. It's great, and they always have the breasts ready, since Vietnamese people prefer the dark meat. I'll take em home, eat maybe 2 and put the rest in the fridge for later.... :thumbsup:
Good fried chicken, cold is good.

No one wants pinstripes anymore
It's really unfortunate. We used to have a member here who was literally a legend. Every bit as good as the likes of Ed Roth. Joey Madden. His screen name was Hotlines. That was also the name of his business. I don't know if he is with the living any longer. He lived in Oregon and we talked on the phone all the time but I have not heard from him in a number of years.

PSA for all y’all that have been rocking the same vision prescription for years go get a current eye exam and pony up for the new lens. I picked up my new lens yesterday. All I can say is WOW! What a honking difference. It had been pre Covid since my last eye exam and was wearing the same progressive lens for about six years maybe? I have not shot with the new glasses on yet but man o man can I see better. I had no idea.

I used to love watching the guys pin stripe at the car shows. They would pull up their bucket sort out their colors and pin stripe it right there at the show in front of you. With the obligatory smoke breaks of course. Amazing skill.
Keep telling my daughter to get into it she has the right skill set to do it. I have one of those tools just to have. Never used it.

This

IMG_20240912_080905601.jpg

PSA for all y’all that have been rocking the same vision prescription for years go get a current eye exam and pony up for the new lens. I picked up my new lens yesterday. All I can say is WOW! What a honking difference. It had been pre Covid since my last eye exam and was wearing the same progressive lens for about six years maybe? I have not shot with the new glasses on yet but man o man can I see better. I had no idea.
VA is good with them once a year. Dont wear them in the shop cheap readers in there get them all screwed up in a few days.

Last edited:
VA is good with them once a year. Dont wear them in the shop cheap readers in there get them all screwed up kin a few days.
I would be using cheap readers but left and right eyes are different.
Wife’s plan pretty much covers them. But now i need something for driving.
Progressives are out. Working under cars makes wearing them impossible.
I tried. F that.
And i need sunglasses on cloudy days too.

I tried. F that.
Yeah ..I wear drug store progressives normally, but I've got a Hi-Po set of readers that I use in the garage for close work

I tried. F that.
Glasses A necessary evil.

Uvex has bifocal safety glasses. I sold lots of them on the truck.

Morning!
80’s again today.
Got exhaust donut for the mitsu. Someone replaced the hardware recently, so there wont be a battle.
And Firebird gets more parts prep.

Uvex has bifocal safety glasses. I sold lots of them on the truck.
At Carlisle I use some cheap bi focal sunglasses. Actually like them for there. Mitch got a set also.

-
Back